Tuesday, December 09, 2008

OUCH!

Coal is doing great...he is teaching us new things about him daily.... He has a side to him that is different than the Fawn Pugs...those of you who have a Black and fawn Pug is there a difference between the 2? I cant quite figure it out...but there seems to be a difference between the 2?
He is just a ball of fun and is such a joy to have. we are so happy to be his new forever family~
OUCH!!!!! My arm hurts.... any idea why tetanus shots make your arm ache so bad the day after?
so yesterday I had to get a tetanus shot.....not sure when my last one was but The Dr. really thought I needed it... Let me fill you in on my day after Thanksgiving...My Black Friday was Pretty Black! ( snicker )


Ok...the morning after Thanksgiving I woke up early and Whitney and I drove to the Barn to do a Morning Run feeding and turned out a handful of the horses that were in the barn all night... We have had a few very cold night and we have ice and frozen grounds here... as I was leading one of the horses out I had Whitney unhook one of the electric fences and to make sure the other horse wouldn't get loose... Whitney unhooked the fence and dropped the hard plastic handle and it hit the frozen ground and it made a loud noise and it spooked the horse I was leading out. I kept her under control with the lead shank I had ( this is attached tot he halter that has a Chain that wraps around the top of their nose to keep them contained) once I got her calm the other Horse got excited and got the horse I had in a panic and she went up on her back feet...all I saw was a BIG GIRTH and HOOFS! I turned my head with no time to run....and SLAM! JeanPool ( the Horse ) crashed down on my head with her hoof and winter-steal shoe....I felt my-head and knew I was in need of medical help but the Horse I was leading out is a World Champion Horse and she is worth lots of $$$ She was running on a icy area and the lead shank was still attached to her and getting all tangled around her legs...I was so frightened she was going to hurt herself so I was more worried for her than I was myself... as I am clucking for the horse to return to me I feel blood pouring out of my head and where I was bleeding my hair was frozen from it being so cold. Whitney is crying during this whole time apologizing for dropping th fence handle and thinking she caused this whole accident.....I reassured her I was ok and it was not her fault. Brad was just down the road and Whitney called him to come to the barn. Bradley and Whitney drove me tot he ER where Whitney was crying so hard when I went to the window to check in explaining my injury they took it as Whitney being the one injured and took us right in. The nurse went to to check Whitney and I said...it's not her it is me..( Ummmm couldn;t she see my bloody jacket and hood? and the cloth I was applying to my head?) They sent me right to Xray to make sure I had no skull or neck injury...they came back fine. They cleaned my head and shaved my hair in that area and scrubbed it with a wire bristle brush! ( the Dr was UGH...mot very pleasant..she said he needed to make sure there was no Fecal Matter in my wound! ewwweee! then he injected some lidacane and game me a zipper...( staples ) I was so high on Adrenalin and never was in any severe pain until my ride home...I cried like a baby. and slept all day....They put me on antiobiotics and pain meds...I think the pain med knocked me out all I did was sleep the first few days. Bradley took pictures of it but I don;t think you all want to see it...kinda gross..... So that was my BlackFriday!
so yesterday ..(11 days later) I got my zipper taken out! and I feel back to normal now...just a little sore still and a big scar on my head and really short hair in that area. so I have been wearing baseball hats off and on... so this is the reason why I had to have a tetanus shot yesterday....Now my arm is killing me....it feels so hot in the area where it was injected and it aches like mad!










19 comments:

C.L. Davis said...

Wow...that was scary! Glad it all came out fine in the end and now the staples are out. (I like those types of pictures...) Black and fawn - night and day. My black one - Maki is hyper. Her body is like a stuffed sausage, where Penny, the fawn is soft and squishy like a marshmallow. Penny is mellow and calm. Penny guards the house and is very in-tune to things, where Maki is oblivious. She only barks because Penny barks. Maki has longer legs and torso, Penny is shorter and stockier. Maki jumps up on things and Penny wants to be lifts. Yeah, I would say there is A LOT of difference between the two physically and also with their personalities.

Leah said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa, I am so glad you were not hurt worse! Scary!!!

Glad to hear Coal is adjusting well to his new family. He is absolutely precious!!

Leah said...

I think I may have accidentally deleted my first comment.....

That is sooo scary! I am very glad you weren't hurt worse!!

And glad Coal is fitting in so well. He is precious!

Pug Posse said...

What a terrible Black Friday! And I thought going shopping on that day was scary ;-) Glad you're ok!

I don't know how to explain it, but yes, the black pugs are different than the fawn ones. I think it's more in their personalities than anything else, but then again, each of our pugs has a completely different personality, just like people!
Pug hugs and kisses!
The other Pug Posse

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Yikes! That's a scary thing. Horses freak me out to the core because of that very reason. They seem to spook easy, and you never know what's going to happen. You're a lot more courageous than me!!

Yours Truly said...

Sounds painful! Thankful you're healthy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds nutty! I however, most definitely want you to share pictures!!!!

Take good care of yourself so that you heal up well!

Nicole & Sadie

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I'm glad that you are ok!! And tetnus shots hurt lots!! I need one soon but I keep putting it off... :p

Pam said...

Oh my gosh Lisa...I'm glad you are okay!!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

how scarey...just glad your okay!

coal is just the cutest thing...on your comment on my blog, i need super nanny to come tame pug.

Sandy said...

I'm so glad you are okay. Poor Whitney ... it sure hurts to be that upset. I know our Tiny was different from the fawn pugs. She was bossy and just more of a baby/princess. I do think the black pugs have a bit of different personality.

AM said...

Oh man that sounds like a horrible injury! Were you afraid to go back to the horses? I am so glad it wasnt worse!

Somer Love said...

HOLY COW!!!!! You are so VER lucky I feel it could of been a lot worse! I am glad you are ok! I got your cute card today! I love it! I say post the pic you need to be proud of that wound!

Yeah your arm will be sore for a good 3 days! YOur not suppose to rub it tho! you can ice it that sometimes helps!

Xo

monkeyface said...

OH MY GOSH! I'm glad you're all ok... especially you Lisa. Mother nature has a very interesting way of teaching respect! Poor Whitney... she must feel so awful. Hope you are on the mend. Keep me posted on your recovery.

monkeyface said...

Oh I was so upset about your accident I totally forgot to chirp in about black and fawn pugs.

YES YES YES... they are so different. Sofia is my black puglet and she is quite the little princess but when she was very little she was such a whirling dirvish! Frankie my fawn puglet is high energy but he's easily settled and doesn't do such wacky things.

Sofia did 10 million more zoomies that Frankie. You know what i mean right? My black pug seems to be more clever than my fawn one... grasps things better, more stubborn...

If I had to do it again... Black pug all the way. They're more fun, less shedding (not by much) and just the funniest little creatures when they're pups.

Phew!

Lissa said...

that was quite a story. I hope you feel better, and your hair grows back swiftly!

Somer Love said...

Yeah they LOVe the front yard snow! I feel bad tho I think they are freezing but they love it! How's your arm feeling?

We are having another winter storm here tomorrow!! Ugggghh

FlipFlop Mom said...

OUCH.. OUCH.. OUCH... oh my goodness!!!!!! I'm sorry that happened to you.. :(

The tetnus shot actually doesn't hurt unless the pertussis is in there.. so look at it this way.. you're all set for whooping cough!! Ü

Priscilla said...

Oh my goodness!!

I'm so glad that you are fine and the injuries healed so quickly. It could have been tragically worse!

Congrats on your new puggy! He's so beautiful. Makes me want a new pug.

Your new banner is great! Did you use that photo for your Christmas card? Great picture!