
I am so glad I bought my new North Faced Jacket! I know living in New England you will get slammed with a Deep freeze but common already! When I got up this morning to warm up my car at 6:30 am it was beyond freezing out..so cold my car did not want to start... on my way to Bring Tori to School at 7am it was -15* below zero! That my friend is a painful cold! so cold it burns your skin and you choke when you breathe....

On my way into work at the barn today I passed a farm house that I love...here is a picture...Mind you that is not snow on the trees..it is PURE ICE!
( this photo I got of the internet..but it looks alot like the pony we have at the barn)there are a few horses that wont let you blanket them or go inside so they bare the outside cold...they are Horse popicles! I feel so bad for them but if we bring them in the barn they get stressed out...they rather stay outside for some reason..Strange Horse? I;d rather be in the heated barn!
so my day today was just grad! I open up a packet of foot and hand warmers and place them in my golves and boots....
Grab a hammer and smack the waterbuck in Bulls stall to break the ice and give him fresh water....
mind you...at work it was -23!....way to cold to be outside!and water buckets freeze in minutes!

Then the blacksmith came today and put snowshoes on Bull so he wont have ice and snow build up on his hoofs....he has had so much snow build up in on his hoofs he looked like he was walking on baseballs...

then when I get home I let the Pugs out to go pee....Belle was so cold she rolled her side out in the yard and laid all 4 legs out straight because the cold weather hurt her paws...Turbo and Coal went out but came right back in and peed on my boots....( too cold to pee outside! I guess) Willow peed but when she did she would pick one foot up at a time....
so my day today was just grad! I open up a packet of foot and hand warmers and place them in my golves and boots....
Grab a hammer and smack the waterbuck in Bulls stall to break the ice and give him fresh water....mind you...at work it was -23!....way to cold to be outside!and water buckets freeze in minutes!

Then the blacksmith came today and put snowshoes on Bull so he wont have ice and snow build up on his hoofs....he has had so much snow build up in on his hoofs he looked like he was walking on baseballs...

then when I get home I let the Pugs out to go pee....Belle was so cold she rolled her side out in the yard and laid all 4 legs out straight because the cold weather hurt her paws...Turbo and Coal went out but came right back in and peed on my boots....( too cold to pee outside! I guess) Willow peed but when she did she would pick one foot up at a time....
to top it off...our pipes froze in the garage....(eyeroll).. Brad just went to get Heat tape for the pipes to make sure they wont freeze up again.....
I hate this Deep Freeze! I'm not a happy camper lately! I think I may hibernate until spring!

8 comments:
Dude, you seriously need to get a heated bucket for bull. I have one here if you want it. Let me know and I'll get it cleaned out and will give it to mom and dad this weekend.
Wow...I've been thinking about you up there in the cold. I was going to say something on my blog about how cold it is here (unusual) and then I see the temps for your area and punchy and Tammy and I said...we aren't that cold! It sure is pretty to see that ice on the scenery up there but it's a bit scary to me, too. I don't know how you deal with that kind of cold every day for a long time...not to mention working out in it. Poor puggies...need some little booties. I guess the horses will be okay outside?
It's was that way here in Minnesota... I think we were down to -23 also or even colder... I really wonder why I live here.
Winston does the same thing cause of his paws. Poor puggies!!
Hey Lisa- You must live in the banana belt- I am an hour north and it was 24 below here Friday AM. I had to laugh a bit ago reading your comments and questions about Coal and how black pugs are different breeds- that is so true! Our black pug Louie (a foster failure as my husband calls him)is so different from the fawns. And he is so attached to me- he is my man for sure- and he tolerates others until I pick up another one. Charlene from UVHS was joking with me that black pugs with Italian names have HUGE egos for some reason- bigger than life. Glad you added to the fam- pugs still rock but the little "dust mop" I am dog sitting for is pretty darn cute. xxxooooo
I do NOT know how you do it all Winter long every year. Korea is COLD, but not as cold as where you are. And I am having a very hard time with it!
Brrr, we know how you feel!
OMG! That is crazy!!
Thankfully we only got down to -11 so far (knock on wood) but poor Indy would go out and then curl up on the snow it was so cold! I would have to go grab her and warm her up so she could go the bathroom!
I hear ya' babe!
Up here in Canada.. it gets cold. Last week we were at -30 with the windchill. That means you bundle up and don't go out unless you have to.
The puglets were not happy either. Frankie & Sofia both were doing the foot dance out in the snow. My husband has to shovel a trench so that the dogs don't get buried. We've had probably near 3feet of snow. They only do their business in the trench-ways. It looks like a big maze and they run & run like horses! Makes me laugh.
Keep warm! I'm sending you nice thoughts of hot chocolate, with mini marshmellows... and a nice cozy fire!
:)
Post a Comment