Well Whitney got up bright and early today to bake Christmas Cookies....


All cozy in my Bathrobe making Sugar cookies for our Christmas Celebration over at her Grandmothers house with her cousins...so she thought Cookies would be a nice thing to bring for them to share.

It was a nice morning to bake cookies since we are having some bad weather again. Sleet and freezing rain....good way to stay busy enough at home rather than to go journey outside. so not only do we have over 2 feet of snow..now we have a lovely ice crust on top of it from the freezing rain. when I let the Pug out to go Pee they can actually walk on top of all the snow with out falling in......
I have been sick all week with the flu and have not been to the barn in over a week. We finally made it over yesterday since I was feeling somewhat better.......

Yesterday I taught Whitney who to Lunge Bull on a Lunge line. I still cant ride him due to my head injury. Where my staples were is still sore and I cant wear my riding helmet with out it hurting my head. So since I can't ride him I have been Lunging him on a Lunge line to help him get exercise...he has already put on some unwanted winter weight... so this is good for him to get his exercise by walking, trotting and get a good canter going.
I showed Whitney just once how to Lunge and she picked it up right off and did it like a Pro! in this picture he has Bull-Run cantering in a circle on a Lunge line...HIGH FIVE WHITNEY!
All cozy in my Bathrobe making Sugar cookies for our Christmas Celebration over at her Grandmothers house with her cousins...so she thought Cookies would be a nice thing to bring for them to share.
I have been sick all week with the flu and have not been to the barn in over a week. We finally made it over yesterday since I was feeling somewhat better.......
I had to share this picture that was taken a few weeks ago of Whitney and Minnie at the barn...Minnie is a 18 month old Draft horse who just came to the barn to live.... she is such a sweetheart and gets lots of Love and attention.
I Love this Picture of them!
Yesterday I taught Whitney who to Lunge Bull on a Lunge line. I still cant ride him due to my head injury. Where my staples were is still sore and I cant wear my riding helmet with out it hurting my head. So since I can't ride him I have been Lunging him on a Lunge line to help him get exercise...he has already put on some unwanted winter weight... so this is good for him to get his exercise by walking, trotting and get a good canter going.
I showed Whitney just once how to Lunge and she picked it up right off and did it like a Pro! in this picture he has Bull-Run cantering in a circle on a Lunge line...HIGH FIVE WHITNEY!after she lunged Bull she rode Freckles around for a bit.....


And we Got Little Miss Tori Driving a Pony! she is not a fan of riding. She gets a little nervous up on a horses back...so we introduced driving to her and she LOVES it! so Here is Tori Driving a Pony named Emma Blue...........
Oh..and to any of you southerners....I have Free Snow! anyone is welcome to it!


Please! come and take it away!

Oh..and to any of you southerners....I have Free Snow! anyone is welcome to it!
Please! come and take it away!

6 comments:
I love seeing the pictures of the girls having fun with the horses. Those horses are so pretty. I bet your house smelled good this morning. My goodness I have NEVER seen that kind of snow and I probably never will. It's so warm here I have the windows open and I'm sweating getting some things cooked for tomorrow. I guess I'll turn on the air conditioner tomorrow. Merry Christmas to you all!
That is great!
Hope your head is healing quickly..
Merry Christmas!
ANd maybe you can take my snow too?
Merry Christmas Lisa!!! I wish you and your family a wonderful day!!
I love the pic of Whit with the horse. That is a big time favorite. Andy thought it was pretty darn cool too.
Love ya dearly!
Jess
Yes, we have on the air conditioning today..high of 75!! Yuck! I would like some of your snow, please! And Merry Christmas!
Those cookies look yummy!
Mommy thinks you and Whitney are brave to be riding horses . . she rode one a few years ago and it took off on her . . . she was traumatized!
We feel for you also -- we received 2 feet of snow yesterday with more on the way *sigh*.
That's a whole lotta snow!!!
I hope your feeling better! i am bummed your phone was lost! It was great to hear your voice say your name tho :)
I can't wait for the surprise phone call :)
Happy New Year! I hope 2009 finds you healthy and happy!
Xo
Post a Comment