Saturday, September 19, 2009

Update...




Been a Long 3 days but today by far has been the best...Brad home from the hospital and is staying at his Moms where he has a nurse visiting him often,and his Mom is around to help ( too hard for him to stay here with the 4 Pugs jumping on him and his nurse) and he is doing really good, he lost almost another 6 or so lbs this past week. He went in for his surgery and it went well, he is to go back on Monday to have 2 of his stomach buttons removed. he is also still facing his surgery on October 12th..) He is still often sick to his stomach but is still not able to eat anything by mouth, just with his feeding tubes, I washed his hair today and even brought him for a ride to the house so he could see the Pugs...BOY did the Pugs miss him! they have not seen him in so long. it was hard to keep them off of him. I was afraid they were going to knock him over! But the visit only lasted a little bit, took alot out of him...so now he is back at his Moms house resting. He is on two 10 hr feeding sessions which means he is pretty much hooked up all day to his Feeding machine ( what we named "Joey") because there is a kangaroo on the meter. I finally learned how to use his machine and flush his ports to keep them clean...

6 comments:

Becky said...

So thankful your Brad is home. You always seem to feel better when home. I can understand the pug action, they get quite excited when you've been away. Praying each day brings him closer to being back on his feet. God bless all of you!

Sandy said...

I'm so glad he's home and getting better. I know it's nice that he can stay at his mom's because of the pugs jumping. He looks good! Losing weight has made a difference. I am praying he continues to get better and the next operation will be successful. It's so good to see you all!

Punchbugpug said...

Lisa if you need someone to speak with over this whole feeding thing, let me know. My bf at work's husband had one for a VERY LONG TIME.

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

I am so glad to read that he is finally home. You are still on my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is home and doing better. Losing the weight will definitely help int he long run but I hope he stays stable.

Lots of healing thoughts coming your way...

a boy a girl and a pug said...

Praying for y'all!