Brad is doing very well, Yesterday morning while still in ICU they took him off his ventilator, he did well with this, when I went to see him he was groggy and in pain but talked with me and threw a few jokes out,he kept reaching for my hand and once he did he dozed off, like he needed me there to feel safe enough to sleep, My Father came by for a few minutes to check in on him before he left for his place at the lake and Brad talked with him also for a bit. After My Dad left Brad slept for a few hours, I kept watering down a washcloth and kept it on his forehead as he was sweating real bad, he has a throat tube and it is taped to his nose and his sweat kept making the tape come unstuck, so that was a pain for him, his coloring was ok, still pretty Jaundice, I sat with him for 5 hours and figured I should leave so he could get some good rest and the nurses needed to run a few tests, he did well during the day so about 10 pm they brought him into his own room. He did ok during the night but early this morning he had a high fever so they asked for no visitors, so Whitney and I did our own thing....( this will be tomorrows post!!! its exciting!)
so after Whitney and I did Our fun outing today she went to her friends house so this meant I was able to go to the Hospital to see him ( spouses are allowed) so I ran up and he was in alot of pain, still fighting a fever, I just sat with him and he talked a little but it took alot out of him so all he did was kept reaching for my hand, His nurse is very sweet and we chatted off and on most of the night, they hope to get him sitting tomorrow and maybe try to stand! If his fever goes down tomorrow I'll bring Tori and Whitney to see him.... Im so tired I hope this makes some scence....but Ive been up like 26 hours...im off to bed Ill update you again tomorrow.
Hooray for Dollywood!
4 months ago

5 comments:
You all are in my prayers.
Thanks so much for the update. Sounds like he is making progress. I sure hope the fever leaves soon and he continues to get stronger. I hope you get some good rest soon.
Its nice to see he is out of the ICU. We are still sending prayers your way.
Walter and I are sending you love and positive healing light! You are in our prayers. xoxoxox
sounds like good progress. thanks for keeping us updated and we continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment