sorry for not updating the past few days, things are moving slow, at times but then seems like things are moving up. Brad Just has his Epidural removed so he is in alot of pain feeling the pain that was masked by the epidural the past week, he is still on a Morphine Drip to help take the edge off. He is still having to feed by his feeding tube and will start hom off on clear liquids to see if his stomach will tolerate it. He asked for no company the past 2 days so I gave him his wish and didn't go until today, today I spent most of my day with his and I thought today was his best day yet. he walked a little ( about 20 ft) and that took all he had out of him he dozed off shortly after, His breathing is hard and labored, his lungs got pushed around during the surgery and are a bit bruised and this makes it hard for him to breathe, he has oxygen for when he needs it and he has a little breathing exercise thingy he needs to use a few times a day to keep his lungs healthy... other than that it is being poked 100 times a day for blood draw, blood sugar, iv's gauze changes in his incision ( it became infected in some areas so he has gauze packed in here and there... he is not a happy camper but is doing his best to be a good sport. he is a little cranky today....but this is to me expected I guess...id be more than Cranky!
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear a report that he is able to get up a little bit. I hope he continues to get stronger and what a great day it will be when he actually feels better. I feel for you both...you both have to be strong for what you're going through.
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear he is moving forward.
Post a Comment