Memorial Day Weekend 2008 (May 23-25)
Friday night: 8PM ADULT BINGO – in the Gazebo – Wear a
Mustache (real or not) for $1.00 to go to the jackpot!
KIDS GAME ROOM OPEN-Bring your quarters!
___________________________________________________
Saturday: 9am – 10:30 Fishing Derby – Meet at the beach at
8:45am Prizes for ALL KIDS! Worms in Gazebo.
11:00 am – Horseshoe tourney 2 Man
teams $2.00 per person – winners takes all
11:30 am Loon Lake Games - Egg toss, 3 legged egg
race, and egg sack race - function lodge
3:00 Pick up Volleyball game at the beach
5:30 to 6:30 Cocktails Hour in the gazebo
Complementary chips and specialty dips
b. y. o cocktail
8:00 MAGIC SHOW with MARKO – great show!
Doors open at 7:50 Last year he was a huge hit!
___________________________________________________
Sunday: 10:00 Foul shooting contest – prizes for all kids
practice starts at 9:30
11:00 Bubble Blowing contest – we provide gum
Adults & Kids – in office
1:00 pm - KIDS BINGO at the Gazebo
4:00 Mini golf – HOLE IN ONE contest at mini golf
6:00 Potluck dinner in Gazebo – bring a dish to share
and bring your beverage of choice.
8:00 – 11:00 pm – The band “CLUB SODA”
Great band – pack your dancing shoes!
Turbo really enjoys the lake. He sniff the air, barks at passerbys, licks up the bacon crumbs on the floor during our breakfasts....... going for long walks and looks foward to me carrying him back to the camper. he did this twice last weekend. He will walk then all of a sudden he stops dead in his tracks. Puts all four breaks on and wont budge. So I had to pick him up and carry him back both times he pulled this new act of his. That was fun trying to navigate Willow and Belle on their leash and carrying 32 pounds of Pug all the way back.... so guess what I have in my trunk of my car for our walks at the Lake? Yep...The Pug Stroller!
Turbo loves the evening fires and munching on Graham Crackers from our Smores we make.
Sunday we have plans to come back to our town o go to Bradley's Mothers house for Dinner. His Brother and his wife ( also named Lisa and same last name...makes it fun on Christmas so confusing who's gifts are who's) They live in Virgina and are coming up for the long weekend with their 2 dogs. Then once we visit with them we will head back to the lake until Monday night.
Well....as some of you know Turbo has some issues with his eye. When I adopted him from the Pug rescue he had only one eye knocked out by being kicked and his other eye sustained damage and is out of socket due to the skull fracture and is unable to be put back in. The last month I have noticed he is showing discomfort and it is swollen and more bulgy. Now it is so bulgy his wrinkle fold is actually laying against his eye rubbing his eye at all times so today I brought him to the vet to see what we can do....Back last summer he had a bad bought with his eye and they told me that in time he will most likely need to have it removed. Then back a few months ago we went for his yearly check up and a second vet mentioned his bad eye....so tonight we saw a 3rd Dr. ( I was just curious and wanted a 3rd opinion) He took a LOT of time with Turbo and really looked at his eye good,He asked me a lot of questions. I told him Turbo is at his worst in the Morning. He drags his face ( the side of his eye) against the sofa and wall. His eye is so dried up in the morning from not being able to close it all the way from it being so swollen. He wakes up with a think Black gunk ( no not an eye boogie it is thick and black.) The Dr. told me it is actually a layer of skin that is shaved off from him blinking...... He did a few tests on his eye and Turbo is 95% blind and will most likely be completely blind with in a year. He has severe glaucoma and a lot of damaged blood vessels that is causing the swelling and buldging eye. He 3rd suggested a removal. at this point I am holding in my tears. I knew going in this was going to be said. He mentioned it can be rather painfull on Turbo.....Here I am looking at him thinking how selfish I am by being in denial and thinking he is fine. I am so worried. I know it needs to be done but the thought of him being 11 years old and under anesthesia, recovering, that may really take a toll on him. I know I can't live with the "What If's" but this really scares me. They talked a lot about the procedure, the recovery and they have done sooo many of them. I have a lot of thinking to do....I have been on a few Blind Dog sights that have had their eyes removed and they all seems to have great outcomes. It is just sad to think Turbo may loose his only eye he has left.....It kills me to even think about it as I have glossed over eyes writing this) so I have talked to Bradley about it and he feels the same way as I do...I am not ready to have it done...but what if Turbo is? how do we know? so the Vet gave me a number to a K9 Opthamologist in Vermont. I will be calling them Tuesday to set up a appointment for them to examine Turbo. ( Not that i don't trust the 3 opinions I recieved from our Vet...I just think this one last step to a Specialist in Animal eyes will help me make the right decision. This is huge. To me it is Huge and I can't make this decision on my own. I just feel horrible taking his eye if he is not ready then again maybe he is ready and hoping I make the decision quickly.....oh being a Pug Owner is sometimes really tough on the heart~
Have a Fun Filled and Save Memorial Day!
Oh BTW...we have Kramer until Monday as my Parents are in Pittsburgh Pa. Visiting my Mom's family and Hometown.... Oh man...Punchy? how is having 4 Dogs in a camper??? we will soon find out!

12 comments:
You guys have fun this weekend!
I am so sorry to hear about the tough decision you have to make for Old Man Turbo. He is so precious, and I pray it all turns out okay. Good luck at teh opthamologist!
As animal lovers, this stuff just rips at our heart. It makes me sad to read your words about Turbo but you will make the right decision. Turbo looks like a tough little guy. Good luck!
Karen~
Wow, your camp is really designed for kids to stay busy!!! We are more "old farts" at ours...lol. We don't mind only a few activities because we go to "chill out".
Turbo's eye....hard one with that. Since he has only VERY LIMITED sight, his eye is mostly cosmetic, right? Such a hard decision to make for that big guy, makes me cry for him and you. Keep us posted about his specialist visit.
Four Pugs at camp...well, it's just less room on the sofa and the bed!!!!!
Wow Lisa! That is so scary! What I learned with what I have going on with Hefner is to go with your heart. I to, am to scared to put him under anything and want him to just live out the rest of his life as a happy puggers.
Have a wonderful weekend! Sounds like so much fun!
Sounds like you guys have quite a lot of activities to chose from this weekend. Sounds like a really fun time.
I'm so sorry to hear about Turbo's eye. Making those decisions are the hardest. *tears* Let us know what the optamologist says.
I totally know how you feel about the anesthesia issue. Winston had an appointment this coming week to get his teeth cleaned and I canceled b/c I just hate putting him under and think it would be so needless if something happened to him. Such hard decisions! I wish we could ask the pugs what they want! You are definitely doing the right thing taking OMT to the optho. doctor. I hope everything works out for y'all! Have fun this weekend!
Have a wonderful time! To me the Mustache Bingo sounds like fun. I would use chocolate. *laugh*
And that must be a hard decision to have his eye removed or not. You'll make the right one, though. (hugz)
Sounds like a packed weekend, enjoy the weather.
I'm sure you will make the right decision for Turbo.
I'll be thinking about you next week as you make your hard decisions about Turbo. One thing that struck me as I read what you wrote about him- he is so lucky to have found a family that loves him! You can name his joys and you love him for his abilities. Even if he does lose his eye- he will still sniff bacon and fresh air, be carried or strolled home and have plenty of snuggles. Those are really the things that are most important to a Pug!
what a hard decision! I am praying for you - but I have to agree with what Punchy said....it seems like his eye is mostly cosmetic and having it removed may save him from so much discomfort on a daily basis even though it seems so shocking to us to see a dog with no eyes....*sigh*...it's a tough call, and I admire your getting so many opinions - that's exactly what I would do. Have a great weekend and we'll be thinking about you.
that first picture of Turbo is the best! He is such a good lookin boy.
Oh poor Turbo boy...I am glad you are getting so many different opinions. I think that will help you in making the decision. If he can hardly see now and only a matter of time before he can't see at all, and if there might be a chance of infection, it might be better to take the eye out. I had a friend that had a pug without both eyes and that pug did great. He had to be supervised while outside but you know all they want to do is sit on you! I think he will still be a happy camper once he adjust. My heart goes out to you because I know this must be a hard decision. But I know you'll make the right decision.
Post a Comment