Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Shedding~

I swear...My Pugs should be bald! They shed so much it is amazing that they still have fur. I vac my house 3-4 times a day along with my sofa. When I washed my bed sheets( all 3 sleep with us in bed) yesterday the lint trap was chuck full of Pug fur, SO much I could have my sister knit them a winter sweater! Fur is EVERYWHERE! I even found it in my kitchen Oven! What? I don;t even want to think of how much fur we have inhaled !
So today the sun peeked out for a short time and they all went out on the back deck and I thought...........
What a perfect place to brush them! so I get out the most amazing Dog Brush EVER.... ( I Love the King rubber brush!)


Look! This is just from Belle!
This is Turbo's........

and Willow's..........

This is Tori's.........
This is Whitney's! at least when I see a Pink strand of hair around I know who it came from.... The girls are having fun experiencing with fun colors in their hair. This is a semipermanent color that I put in for them......

Turbo and Whitney sitting on the front Steps waiting for their Daddy to come home from work....

15 comments:

C.L. Davis said...

We have two of those brushes - but don't use them as much as we should! I've thought the same thing - how can there still be a dog under there, with all the hair that falls off???? Loved your photos from the weekend - the pugs were so cute on the porch.

Nevis said...

Well, my Puggies haven't started shedding so much yet, I think because they're still puppies...but I don't relish the shedding that I know will come sooner. Alas!

Magnolia Sun said...

Wow that's a lot of hair! Looks like they enjoyed sitting in the sun too.

Punchbugpug said...

Ahhh, we suffer the hair thing at our house too, although Rosie doesn't shed as much as the others. I'm lovin' the pink!!!! Maybe I'll ask C to get me some pink! LOL

Unknown said...

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping in at my blog to say hello. So nice to meet a fellow Pittsburgh fan! Your blog is fantastic...it looks like you enjoy quality time with your family as much as I do. And I adore pugs by the way! ~Bri~

Page said...

We have the Furminator and it works really well at getting off the hair (when I use it!) Our pugs go through a twice a year seasonal shedding cycle and it gets really bad...maybe that's what your pugs are doing....getting ready for summertime!! ;) I, too, often wonder how many pug and cat hairs I've accidently swallowed or inhaled. Gross.

kristie said...

love the girls hair! i remember when tori did something similar last year. i'm with you on the shedding. my cats are dropping fur left and right. i cannot keep up with it like you do though.

Pam said...

We have a Zoom Groom and you are right, it is amazing! I was reading someone's blog who recommends the Furinator (?). I think she got it at PetsMart. Anyway, she says those are great too.

I love the pink in the girls' hair. FUN!

Wendy said...

Ahhh...I want pink hair:) LOL!! The shedding would be why we do not have dogs. I don't think that I could handle it!!

Wanda said...

I hear you on the whole hair issue! Pyrite blows her coat when she is nervous so our recent trip across the USA has our van looking disgusting! We travelled with lint rollers just so we could go into a hotel without looking like a pug blew up on us:)

Erin Ward said...

my pug sheds SO much. i can't imagine having three!

FlipFlop Mom said...

I have one word for you...

The FURMANATOR!!!

AWESOME!! we have to use it on Nellie.. cause seriously.. she should be BALD too.. she sheds 75% LESS when I brush her with it.. NO JOKE!!

LOVE the girls hair... LOVE IT!!

Sandy said...

I know what you mean with all that fur flying! I love to sit outside and scratch them and brush them and then see how much fur comes off. Tori and Whit's hair is so pretty! I've seen that look on TV. It must be fun to have a hairdresser mom!

Karen~ said...

I feel your pain about the shedding. I have a Corgi and I didn't know of any other breeds that shed as much as our Sissy does. I also bought the furminator and it does a good job, you just need to use it as often as you can but it does help control the hair somewhat. You have the cutest pugs and I really enjoy reading your blog. Have a great day!

Karen~

Jessica said...

That is soooo cute, the girls hair that is! I would love to do something fun like that but I don't think the doc I work for would like a front desk person with colored hair! hehe