Monday, May 19, 2008

Opening week

Well we survived the Black flies this weekend at the lake. we are all bitten up and spotty but all in all it was a great Opening weekend! The weather was iffy with a chance of rain. It just rained lightly for a short time and we had nice sunshine most of the time.... We had a lot to do to get the camp back into shape after sitting for 7 long months in the snow....we didn't have much to clean up in the camper. I cleaned it spotless when we closed it up for the winter. I left a Oven mitt under the sink that a mouse made a bed out out....he tore it up and shredded it and made a nest out of it. That was really it for any kind of a mess in the camper. The outside was messy with twigs and leaves so as I cleaned up the camp sight this is what the Pugs did.......
I kept them in the screen room for most of the time....The Black flies were so bad I was afraid of them getting bit up. I Bought them some "PugSpray" (Actually it is in a Gel form) at the vet to keep the Black Flies from bothering them. It worked so good I used it on myself! It smells so good too... The Pugs did Great. They acted like they never left the place. They all went back into their favorite places like they did last season, Turbo on the sofa, Belle under the Table and Willow up on the table bench..... They were happy to see their K9 friends that they have not seen all winter......
I try to add a little each year to our sight. Last year I put in the little fish Pond..... This year I decided to focus around our entry way.......... this is what I did.This is what Belle thought of my hard work......


Saturday night Whitney came down with something. Sore throat, low grade fever and cough.... So I pulled out the sofa and she hung out there for the rest of the night and half of the next Morning.
So the pug-Posse did their best making her feel better.........


Whitney stayed home from school today, she still has a nasty cough and sore throat with a touch of Laryngitis. ( Yeah!) lol if you know Whitney...she is a chatter box. SO it was nice having her mute today! During the morning Tori's school nurse called to let me know Tori is sick and needs to come home. SO Bradley picked her up at 10am and she came home and slept until 6:30pm. Sigh........ I thought Flu season was over!
Okay.....as I write this the pugs Veterinarian just pulled in our door way? Huh? do they make house calls now for multiple Dogs? Sweet!
I should go see what is going on out There.......
..............................
..................
..............
..........
.......
.....
..
I am back....... The Pugs are not to sure what to think of their Vet being here...They are out in the Pug yard barking like crazy. Come to find out her Husband is buying my Husband's Motorcycle he is selling....I should have mentioned the Home visit thing huh? Well I need to get the Posse round up..... they are really starting to bark!


10 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh.. the camp looks really HOMEY!!! I love the new decorations!!!!

Poor Whit and Tori!! I hope they get to feeling better.. this weather has been so strange.. here it is May 19 and I turned my heat back on for the night... good gravy!!!

Page said...

I love how the pugs lay with Whitney while she's sick...my pugs do the same with me though it usually drives me crazy since I'm always so hot! Your camp looks great! What a fun way to spend the summer months...

Anonymous said...

The camper looks so cute. My in-laws have a trailer at Lake Eerie, and it remind me of that - good times!
Hope the girls feel better soon...

Magnolia Sun said...

The camp looks really nice, excellent job on the yard. I don't miss those black flies!

Wendy said...

YAY!! I can't wait to get back up there!! You did a really nice job with the entryway. I hope that the girls are feeling better by now:( Poor things!

Pam said...

Hooray! The camp sounds like so much fun. I love the screened in area there, i imagine that is SO nice to sit out there in the evening during the summer.

I hope Whitney feels better soon.

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness...it's so good to see the camp again. You have it looking great! Makes me want to sleep in the screened in area with the pugs. I think Turbo Man is making sure that Whitney stays warm. I hope the girls get well soon. Yuck...just when the weather is getting nice they start feeling bad.

Swampgirl said...

Your camp looks so nice! I think I saw the "Solar Pug" in the background! The "Nurse Pugs" look like they are taking good care of their patient!

kristie said...

your camp is just beautiful...everything is so pretty and it looks like a serene and peaceful retreat...the pugs look happy there, it must be nice to be able to take them with you. hope the girls get to feeling better soon.

Nevis said...

Great looking house and I hope your daughters start feeling better ASAP! :)