Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Bagpipes.......

we had a nice weekend. I worked Saturday and Just for a few Hours on Sunday Morning then Bradley and I invited one of his friends from Vermont to come over for a visit with his 13 year old Son Ty... They are wonderful people and he means the world to Bradley, They live about an hour from us and we visited all day and the we went out for dinner and had a great time.....They are very good Bagpipe players and are attending a Bag Pipe academy and play in Parades, Funerals and weddings...Both Dave and his son have been playing for 5 years. Before they left they played for us.......... the sound of the bag pipes filled the neighborhood and gave me goosebumps! I wanted Bagpipes to play at our wedding but we didn't Know Dave at the time...I told Brad if we ever renew our vows he is playing at our 2nd wedding!

I would love to learn how to play the Bagpipes...then again I believe it is in my Blood seeing how I am part Scottish.....could you see me in a Kilt? haha

click on the video to hear Ty and Dave play.........

Here is his 13 year old son Ty playing...... he is such a cutie.

anyway.....I just got home from voting....thank goodness all this Chaos will come to a close tonight! sick and tired of people coming to my door with info on who to vote for! GAH here is the kicker...a car pulled in my driveway yesterday that I didn't recognize so I thought it would be a good time to take a shower.....I hear the Pugs barking like crazy and I ignore the knocking on the door thinking it was people wanting to waste my time telling me who I should vote for.....I take my shower......when I get out I have a text on my cell phone saying...

"Hey it is Cammy! I was just at your house and you didn;t answer your door? I wanted say Hello before I head back to the airport!"

Ya! I was so bummed to learn it was not people giving lectures on who to vote for...it was my good friend in a rental car who just came up to visit from Florida and was heading back to the airport and stopped in before she left........ it was too late for her to turn around and come back...snif snif.

6 comments:

Pugalicious said...

he he.. just catching up with you now you see why it's soo hard for me to post here.. work keeps me VERY busy.. Happy Belated b day to Willow and my thoughts are with Turbo.. take care

Sandy said...

Oh no...I hate that you didn't get to visit with your friend. I'm glad that the election is over, too.

Magnolia Sun said...

I'm glad the election is over too. I can't believe how many phone calls I got on my cell phone!

Pam said...

My husband loves the sound of bagpipes. Ty is a really good player!

Somer Love said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BAG PIPES!!! It's the Irish in me! I am so glad you love your new necklace the combo of the 2 sound FAB! I hope you are well and getting some rest! Give the pups our love!

BTW just made an appt to take the babies to see Santa :)

a boy a girl and a pug said...

i just love the sound of bagpipes...so pretty. that's crazy that you get people knocking on your door. luckily we never had that...just phone calls.