Sunday, November 02, 2008

prayers for Turbo




Old Man Turbo is having a few aging issues.....he has a massive mouth infection and needs to have surgery tomorrow Morning to extract most of his teeth possibly all of them. his breath is Horrid! it has been pretty fowl for a long time but now it is like something curled up and died in his mouth. His ears have been a mess too so since he is going to be under anesthesia they are going to flush them to help clean them out from being infected. they are also are going to take a culture to see what type of bacteria is in there since all the antibiotics we have tried are not clearing it up. During his Pre-op blood test they confirmed he has Hypothyroidism and gained 5 lbs in 8 weeks. he is the biggest he has been. he now weighs 38 lbs due to his thyroid. we thought he was just gaining his winter weight and put him on a diet and he failed that too. We had a feeling something was going on with him and it was not how we were feeding him. Now we know and he is on thyroid medication. He is slowing down quite a bit and is starting to get a little senile....we hope he is comfortable and will give us more time to love him. He is nearing 12 years old soon and we are going to do all we can to make him comfortable and happy....I am very nervous to have him go in for surgery tomorrow with him being so old....( nail biting!) I am sure he will do just fine and will be able to come back home and snuggle in bed with me tomorrow night.....




we all have been so busy I apologize for the lack of my posts. I am not used to working 7 days a week.....




on an ending note....we have a new house pet...a cold mouse from the outdoors decided it was too cold to live in the wild and liked living all over our house the past few days. we finally cought him and.....he now lives in a fish tank full of mouse food water and bedding....he is the luckiest field mouse around...we tried to let him free back in the wild but he keeps showing back up...so here is where he wants to live....Whitney named him Skippy...

13 comments:

Pam said...

I'm definitely saying prayers that Turbo does well in surgery tomorrow. Poor baby.
Let us know how everything goes. I pray he'll be back home snuggling with you soon.

C.L. Davis said...

We've been missing your posts! We will be thinking good thoughts for Turbo and checking in frequently to see how he is doing. (I can relate to the thyroid issues - they can really mess up your body!) Our best to you all.

Yours Truly said...

Our thoughts are with Turbo. We hope he pulls through and is feeling comfortable.

Sandy said...

I've missed you! I will be praying for Turbo. I hate the old age issues that happen. I'm so glad that you are able to get the surgery for him and hopefully all will go well. I remember when Chichi started slowing down and her blood work and x-rays were showing things that were not going to change at her age. Those little babies sure do love us and make us love them! That little mouse is too cute. Just hope he doesn't invite his friends to share his new home!

monkeyface said...

Oh... I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'll say an extra prayer for all of you tonight.

Thinkin of you all.

R.

Wendy said...

Oh! Poor Turbo:( Hoping that all goes well with the surgery! Poor thing!

Somer Love said...

Lots of prayers and good energy to our OMT!! We love you!! Hang in there buddy Osc & Lil will send some soft get well treats!

WoW that mouse is VERY lucky! What was your cat doing when Skippy was roaming around?

Miss ya lots!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am sure Turbo will be just fine. My thoughts are with you guys.

AM said...

Im glad to see you post again but sorry that it's because Turbo is having some senior problems. :( I hope everything went well during his surgery.

I miss you, but totally understand your busy life!

Leah said...

We are thinking of Turbo and hope all is well. I hope you will post an update soon!

C.L. Davis said...

Just checking in again. I hope all went well today!

Christine & Giggs said...

I'll be thinking of Turbo and hoping that his surgery (and other stuff) goes well. Hang in there OM Turbo!

Have you tried colloidal silver to treat his ear infections? It's antibacterial, anti-fungal, natural and safe to use. Giggs' ear has been bugging him so I googled natural ear remedies for dogs and lots of people swear by it. Another option to try anyway.

Good luck!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

How is Turbo doing??