Sunday, June 22, 2008

Birthday party!

10 Years ago today had a Dr. appointment for my regular prenatal appointments, I never knew things were all going to change with in my 20 minute appointment. During my exam my Dr felt the need to have me undergo a stress test.....come to find out her suspicion was correct...I was in the early phase of Labor. I was not due for another 2-3 weeks so she suggested I go to the hospital to have a amniocentesis to make sure the Whitney's lungs are fully developed... ( that was fun! ( NOT ) as the test confirmed her lungs were completely complete and was healthy enough to be born......... I called Bradley at work when I was admitted at 1:00 in the afternoon for him to go home and take a shower and to grab me some things. ( remember I went into labor early and didn;t have my hospital bag packed just yet) My labor was slow....very slow but the hospital was too far away to send me back home so they kept me there.... about 9pm the Dr. Broke my water to speed things up a bit and gave me a dose of pitocin( yikes! pitocin just saying that word gives me chills...ugh) That did the trick but made my labor intense and painfull. Finally after nearly 20 hours of labor at 7:27 am June 23rd I give birth to Whitney upside down !!!!( she was born face up) her her nape of her head fractured my tail bone ( didn't know this until after...I just thought it was really bad back labor) Her cord was wrapped around her neck so tight they whisked her way with out letting Bradley cut the cord like he did with Tori.... She pulled through okay after the cut it and she gave a Big Cry and weighed in at 6 lb 12 oz. She had a thick Black head of hair and big chubby cheeks...... and to think this all happened 10 years ago seems more like yesterday. As I sat in my bed holding her talking to Bradley about what what will she look like when she is 5? who will she be friends with? What her bad habits will be, favorite food.... so on and so forth...

Well this is what she looks like today...... showing off her "nails" she got to have done for her birthday.and her bad habits are....not completely drying off when she takes a shower and leaves a trail of water from the bathroom to her bedroom....

* She has alot of wonderful friends and her VERY VERY BEST FRIEND shares the very same Birthday as Whitney but was born in the Morning and Her friend was born at night... ( so Whitney considers herself the older one lol)
* Her favorite food is Pepperoni Pizza and Chicken fingers....
* She Got High Honors all school year....
* She was nominated as a role model for her school this year......
* played the clarinet in the school band....

Now on with the Party!!!!!!!!!

We had so much fun last year at Tip Top Pottery we decided to go back again this year!

Whitney is all into the girly Skull cross bone thing this year so I found these at Birthday express for her Birthday party...
the counter is a college of squares of ceramic paintings from customers....

4 of the girls Whitney invited couldn;t make it due to Graduation ( Graduation was the same night as her Party) but 3 of her close friends made it and Tori and her friend Alyssa filled in the gaps..

Tori washing off her brushes.......
Whitney painting her Dog patiently...

Tori painting her plate.......
While the girls painted their peices Bradley and I had dinner at the Tip Top Cafe across the hall...Click here
Brad Got this I can't remember what it was....all I knew it was totally off his Diet!!! but he has done so well....this was a treat for him..... but he liked mine better so we swapped half way though....
I got Summer Squash and Bacon Risotto
The Birthday Girl.........

The girls all ready to head to the Ice Cream shoppe..........




Whitney and "R" enjoying some ice cream........

Tori and her Best friend Alyssa...... ( next door to the ice cream shoppe there is a store that sells sunglasses.....Tori and Alyssa bought their sunglasses while the the others had ice cream) Whitney and her friends...... Tori and Alyssa.....
Tori......


Whitney was bummed that her other friends couldn't make it but in the end she had a great time.... she got alot of nice gifts...
from us she got a RIPSTICK and a Digital camera......
we still have another Birthday Party to get through so more pictures to come....


7 comments:

AM said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHITNEY! That party looks great! I love her pink feather boa and her nails look AWESOME. I remember when I turned 10 I was so excited because I was a DECADE.

I can not beleive how grown up Tori is getting! She's changed so much in a year.

And

Erin Ward said...

happy birthday whitney! looks like it was tons of fun!

Jessica said...

awwww Happy Birthday Whitney!! Looks like a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

oooh - that looks like fun! I love those pottery places, it's so relaxing and when you pick your piece up they always looks so much more amazing than you thought it would. Happy Birthday, Whitney!!

Magnolia Sun said...

Happy Birthday Whitney! I can't believe how grown up she is looking, glad she had a fun day with her friends.

Nevis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHITNEY! That party looks like a blast! You will have to show pictures of how her plate and the dog come out when you get them back from being fired.

Also, not sure if you read a post I wrote a while back but my fiance, Terry, just got diagnosed with diabeates. Any advise?

Sandy said...

Wow, looks like a great wonderful party and every one of the girls looks so colorful in the pink! I love seeing these party pics. These are good days...being young and free! I can't wait to see what the girls items look like when they are finished. I agree with AM...Tori has really changed since we were together in October. She is such a beauty! And Whitney is such a beauty, too. You have two beautiful daugthers inside and out...JUST LIKE YOU:)