Once we arrived we let Turbo out to stretch his legs and get a drink of water, we were a little early so this gave me plenty of time to wipe up some of the Pug fur. ( it literally looked like Turbo exploded in my car!) I should of never bought a car with Black interior with fawn Pugs!
we had a bit of a wait so we let OM gallivant around the building and sniff around a bit. I think he was a bit nervous. he has this was of breathing when he is anxious...he did this the whole time walking.
Dr. Koch ( who we absoutly Love Love Love! ) really took the time with O.M. and thinks Turbo's eye is in rough shape and in fact has nearly 100% blindness but sees no reason to remove his eye. Just yet.He gave us a few ideas but with Turbo's age it is pretty much out of the question.... like stitching the lids on each side to help cradle his eye but he feels that wont work. He sees no sign of infection or anything that can cause more harm. Turbo has a lot going on with his eye and if we continue to do what we are told and to medicate it 3 times a day Turbo may be able to keep his eye with his for the rest of his life. He changed Turbo's eye medication and wanted to see him back again in 6 months for a follow up. If all is good we will continue what we are doing if not we will have to take the next step.... so lets Keep our fingers and Paws crossed for Turbo's eye! His only eye at that!
But Dr. Koch really suggested we purchase OM something to protect his eye....... He wanted Turbo to wear Doggles for when Turbo is out walking in a area with sticks and branches ( like the lake) or just rough housing with Willow and Belle ( he still has a bit of Puppy in him) He wont have to weat them all the time just when he needs a little TLC....... so when we got back at home I went and ordered OM these super Cool manly Doggles! Turbo is going to look Studly in these Skull X'bone Doggles. I ordered these from the same company who wanted to know where I got the Pupia Harnesses...... click here for their website
They should be in with in the next 3 days......can't wait to see Turbo in them!Turbo was so hoping Dad would remember he was a good boy and was hungry too.......
Look behind the clouds! Turbo in the car wanting to get out and walk while we wait for Brad, Brad did infact remember Turbo and bought him 4 chicken nuggets all for himself....He ate them all at once I think.
My MIL picked the girls up today from school for us and brought them to the Orthodontist and then out for dinner so later on when Brad and I got home we cleaned the pool, went grocery shopping, and I made us Veal Oscar and sauteed cabbage and Purple potatoes for dinner...... slurp! Yum!

18 comments:
Thanks for the update about Turbo's appt, I was waiting to hear. It sounds positive, even though I hate to hear that he is basically blind in his eye but if you can save it...HOORAY! Bless his heart, he looked like he was tuckered out on the ride home. I can't wait to see him in the doggles, he will be the man...*smiles* Thanks again for the update.
Karen~
Glad to hear Turbo can keep his eye for now, we know that helps you feel better! Can't wait to see Turbo in his doggles. You were only SIX hours away? I could have started driving and met you! LOL
That's really FAB news for Turbo! I love those doggles:) He is going to be quite the STUD in those!! We really want to get one of those navigators for the car. Especially since I never remember how to get anywhere.
How exciting - hope it all works out well. He is such a cutie! I love the picture of him sleeping in the car. Despite what you had to do, it seem like it was a very pleasant day. We think of you all often (and I always relate your stories to several friends).
I'm glad to hear there is hope for Turbo's eye. Poor little guy. He's such a sweet man.
Oh I'm so glad Turbo can keep his eye! Surgery isn't fun and especially at his age, it would take a lot out of him.... and you too. Glad to hear you had a great day.
:)
yay - good news!
And your dinner looks delish!! You need to post more recipes!
That is great news! I have doggles for Sela when we take her out on the boat but she won't wear them, the little stinker! I feel the same as you since she only has one eye...I'm very protective of it! Congrats to OMT!! What a sweet boy!
Turbo had a big day. So glad the doctor had positive things to say about his eye. I bet he will be adorable in those doggles!
I'm so glad that it was good news like this! We will definatly keep our fingers and Paws crossed for Turbo's eye, and a few prayers too. (((HUGZ)))
Can't wait to see him studded out in the doggles!
YAY!!! That is great news about OMT!! Wow yor cooking skills amaze me!
I tried the spaghetti squash thing finally all because f you and it was very scrumptious!
well I am very glad he'll get to keep his eye! I can NOT WAIT to see him in those goggles! Oh that is going to be so cute.
That's great news that he'll be able to keep his eye. The visit sounds like a positive one overall.
I love the doggles you picked out, we have to see pictures!
Oh I'm so glad Turbo had a good visit. At first I thought, heck, just take the eye out, he can't see out of it anyway. (I had a totally blind cat and he did just fine, even outside) But I forget how horrible it is for pugs to go through surgeries, and, at his age, well, I think you are wise to get as many opinions as possible.
Now you have a doc that will work effectively with this condition.
That is good news that Turboman can keep the eye and what fun it will be to see him in those goggles! He is such a MAN! I'm so glad you were able to get a final opinion and the stress of making that decision is over. Your dinner looks so yummy! I love the navigation thingy. Punch in my address and see how long it will take you to get here! Probably 20 hours!
Hey Lisa!!!
It's great to hear how OMT is doing!! He's got such a great place to call home with all of you! You all take such great care of him!!
I know you have soo much on your plate with all of those puggies, but I come to you seeking advice...I was hoping you (or anyone reading this could give me some advice on Sadie-we used to be in the Pug Bloggin' World). Sadie has been diagnosed with allergies this year...I got through three summers without them :) However, this is a terrible time on her biggest nose wrinkle. I'm having a hard time keeping the build up out of it? She's starting to lose all those little hairs, the build up is brown and thick, and a little stinky? Do you have any suggestions for me? It's really starting to dry out the top of her nose, where it meets the fur?? THANK YOU SOO MUCH!
Nicole & Sadie the pug pooch :)
nicolelynne2003 (at) yahoo.com
I'm so glad he doesn't have to have surgery yet or hopefully never. I'm with on the GPS - can't live without mine.
turbo, you are one cool pug! i am very glad to hear that your eye is fine for now. you seem to be such a trooper. i am very eager to see you sporting the doggles - if anyone can carry them off it's you.
Post a Comment