Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dessert anyone?

Today we ran over to the lake to clean up our place a bit... we have had some crazy heavy rain storms here the past few days and today was the best day so far so we headed over to clean up all the twigs and mess the rain left behind. On the way home we stopped at a Farm stand and bought some Huge Strawberries and rhubarb( I wish I took a picture of how large they were). I found a recipe for Diabetic Strawberry Rhubarb crisp.. ( no pies...trying to stay low carb too! so no crust!)



Can

Can't forget the Sugar free Ice Cream! ( not for me...as you may remember I HATE ice~cream! )
Bradley and Whitney love their Ice~Cream


Ingredients
1 cup sliced strawberries

1 cup diced rhubarb

7 Tsp splenda1 cup rolled

/2 cup flour

5 tsp brown sugar blend splenda

I can't believe it's not butter lite melted




Directions
Put strawberries and rhubarb in baking dish with a dusting of flour and the regular splenda. Mix oats with rest of flour and melted I can't believe it's not butter. Put over berries and rhubarb and bake at 375* for 40 minutes.



Number of Servings: 15Recipe

submitted by SparkPeople user VERANNLADY.


Well.... we submitted a letter to the Superintendent regarding Tori's Dress issue...I will let you know what comes out of it....we may not hear anything but if there is an issue in the future with another student I do hope the parents submit a letter like we did then maybe they will pull out our letter and do something about it....we talked to Tori about it and she is upset about the whole thing but wishes to keep the situation "LOW" she just wants to put it behind her and leave that behind with the school she will no longer be attending (( Gasp...My Daughter is starting High School in the fall!!!.)) So we just went with a Letter rather than make Tori more upset. Hopefully her new school will be more positive for her.
On another note......Something BIG is about to happen to Whitney tomorrow at 12:30 pm... any ideas????

5 comments:

AM said...

braces?

Im glad you submitted a letter, I understand Tori not wanting anything further done.

I love strawberry rhubarb recipes! I'll have to look for rhubarb around here. I've never made anything with it, but my MIL has.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

How sweet that Tori doesn't want to cause a scene. She's such a sweet girl. That crispy dessert looks yummy, but rhubarb is so SOUR! Was it sour?

Pam said...

hmm, is she getting an new hairdo?

I was wondering what was happening with the outfit issue.

That looks like a really yummy dessert.

Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Your recipe looks so good. I was a little behind on your blog. I cannot BELIEVE your daughter was expelled for the remainder of the school year for that outfit! That was nuts!

Magnolia Sun said...

The dessert looks really good, I love the no sugar ice cream.

Can't think of anything about Whitney? new hairstyle?