Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thank you! and Belle gave me a scare!!

Oh do I feel so much better now that I shared this. I almost didn't I sat on the idea all week and decided I really needed to just to see what others thought. I thought the whole thing was pretty asinine myself! I know of a few other parents who's children attend the same school has had issues as well. I find it baffling that they don't have the same consequence for students who misbehave, skip out on class, wear inappropriate clothing, back talk... I believe they should handles such situations the same way depending on the situations.... Good grief! and also it really ticks me off that the school is so involved with Self Esteem, peer pressure and Bulling and helping students obtain their goals they are working towards....... I am feeling like My daughter was Bullied by the staff and then they took away her Goal of succeeding...What does that do to her self esteem???? okay...moving on before I Blow my top.....thinking about walking in that school today getting my Daughters Year Book and checking in to see why no one has returned my calls.... wish me Luck!

so anyway.......

you know how the Pugs like to sit on top of the back of the sofa to look out the window? well yesterday I left for work (just for a couple hours) then ran errands around town. I drove past our house to go up to See what Bradley had planned for his lunch hour...as I drove past our home I notice Belle behind the sofa!!!! I pull a U-E and drive in the yard and see Belle squished up against the Window stuck behind the window panting like I have never seen before.... I didn;t even shut my car door I ran in the house as fast as I could and pulled her up and out...it was SOOOO HOT! the morning sun is so hot and beams in out living room window and it makes it so hot inside so I bought curtains to keep the hot sun out. she was trapped in behind the sofa and curtain where it was megga hot! I ran her into the bathroom and put her in the Tub and turned on the shower to cool her off...her tongue was purple and all dry. I called the vet to see what else I should do to cool her off...they said it sounds like she has Heat Exhaustion and to keep her in a tepid bath and offer her cold water to drink and apply a ice pack to her head... she was panting so hard I thought she was going to die. I was so scared for her. she was so hot. so once I took her out of the shower I draped a damp towel on her as she laid flat on the cool floor. she didn't budge... I gave her water and just let her relax and calm down... after a 20 minutes her tongue turned back to Pink and felt like a sponge again....and she bounced back and her panting stopped..... Man.. should you imagine if I worked all day? Brad rarely comes home for lunch so she would of been there all day! It could of been a really bad turn out if I didn't come home when I did... it was like a Dog shut in a car with out windows open on a hot day those curtains I bought really trap the heat in when they are closed....sigh...so glad she is okay. SO now I am thinking of changing our living room around to keep the window area open with a bench they can hop up on to look outside...so today before I left for work I pulled the sofa away from the window so just incase one of them fell behind they would be able to get out. Belle nearly gave me a heart attack!

18 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

OMG...it is so good you saw her! You must have been scared out of your mind! Glad she is okay.

Pam said...

How scarey! Thank goodness you happened to come back home. Poor Belle, I'm so so thankful everything is okay.

Keep us updated on the school thing. I still just can't believe she was expelled over that. crazy!

Manda Girl said...

YIKES!! I can't believe it! Man, that is so lucky that you came home for lunch - poor girl, must have been so scared.

Big them all big kisses from us!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I'm so glad you saw her when you drove by! Good luck with all your calls and such - I hope they listen to you and apologize!!

Anonymous said...

That is really scary!!!

I hope the school thing gets fixed! Go kick some butt!

Magnolia Sun said...

Good thing you rode by and saw her when you did, I'm so glad she's ok.

Leah said...

Oh Lisa, that is so scary! I am glad she was okay and so very thankful you went home.

Sandy said...

Oh my Lisa, thank goodness you went by there and saw her. That truly would have been terrible if she had stayed there much longer. Makes me want to cry thinking about it. I know they love looking out that window so maybe you can fix a way for them to do it and not get trapped if they fall. Poor babies...

Let us know what you decide to do about that school. That really is amazing that they did not let her change her shirt or call you on it before they expelled her for the rest of the year. ...that just makes me MAD and I'm not even a mama.

Erin Ward said...

that is insane! i would have been crying hysterically.

kristie said...

ACK!!! that scared the crap out of me just reading about belle...i'm sure you were flipping out. i'm glad she is all better now. i'd be rearrangning the den lickety split. i have stools and benches for the cats to lie on at the windows and they love it.

monkeyface said...

Glad to hear Belle is ok. I've had a few heart attacks of my own. I once had some strange lady return Sofia to me... when my husband SHOULD have been watching her. I thought I was going to die!!!

Phew! Poor little monkey... give her a sloppy kiss from me!

Karen~ said...

I'm so glad you just happened by your house and noticed! I guess we try to pet proof our houses but some things we would never think of until something like that happens. Thank goodness everything was fine in the end but I bet as you were putting her in the tub you were doing alot of praying. Let me get your blood boiling again, are things going better regarding the school? I can't believe that weren't returning your calls. Good luck!

Karen~

Page said...

Oh my goodness, poor Belle! And how fortunate you happened to drive by!! Wow, that totally seems like a God thing to me that you did drive by. I'm so glad that she is okay now.

Nevis said...

Wow, that is crazy scary! Glad to hear that it all turned out okay.

I wanted to let you know that my fiance just got diagnosed with diabetes. Do you have any advise for us just starting to go through all of this since you're also just newly going through it? He has "Type 2" right?

Rachel said...

i agree with Page - it's definitely a God thing that you were driving by at that particular moment and that you happened to see her. Quick thinking about putting her in the tub, I'll have to remember that in case anything happens like that over here. Some things you just can't "pug proof", I mean - who would have thought that could happen??
Glad everything is OK. I hope stuff settles down over there soon!! You guys have had a rough few months!

Frances Louise said...

Whew! That was a really close call . . . I can imagine Mommy being hysterical and useless if something like that ever happened to her. Good to hear Belle is recovered!

Somer Love said...

O my goodness!!!! I am so glad you came home!!! Poor lil Belle I don't like it when they pant so hard there is nothing you can do but keep them cool it is scary!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Hey.. have you heard anything yet concerning Tori???? I think this is all BS!!! So not fair....!!!! You should have seen what Katie wore to school they other day.. HUBBY had a BIRD when she came home from lunch.. and made her change her clothes... what Tori was wearing... was WAY decent!!