Today after Whitney got out of school we went riding again. we still are going 1-3 times a week. we are addicted to it and plan on riding for a very long time. We see a horse or 2 in our future. Heck...we have more than enough Land to house a barn and horses..... some day, but not in the near future. we still have lots to learn before we take on caring for a horse...if anything we will buy and board it at the stable before we do anything.......
There is a Horse supply store the next town over, We are going to go see about some riding boots for Whit and I. our feet keep sliding in the stirrups and we need something a little more rugged than sneakers.
so far horse riding is the best fun I have had...I had a close call of falling off tonight and it really scared me, My Horse stopped quick to smell his poop ( he pooped during our warm up) and when I had him in a trot he stopped dead in his tracks as I was posting ( my butt off the saddle and bending my knees) and when he stopped I slid up onto his neck and he started to run......yiyiyi.... scard me silly! but I got him under control and we continued our ride with out any other issues.
Phew.... so well see how our Thursday ride goes!
Whit-Bit feeding Zee a carrot after a long ride. Bull and Zee also got some of the Apples we picked yesterday too~

10 comments:
Beautiful orchard! I can't believe that Fall is almost here!! I love Fall, but I am sooo not ready for what is to follow.
It's good to hear that you and Whitney are still enjoying the horse back riding:) It would be awesome if you are able to get one of your own!!
ooohhh, apple picking...I've never done that before and it sounds like fun!
Mmm apples... :) I haven't tried apple wine, but we have alocal winery here that does cranberry (red and white) wine, blackberry port wine, strawberry merlot, and an apricot chardonay, it is all very yummy. I will have to keep my eye open for an apple wine though.
That is scary! I took horse riding lessons and while I did enjoy them, I didn't have a passion for it like you two have. Plus one time my horse bolted during lessons and it freaked me out!
The apple picking reminds me of last year when me and Shane went.
I've never been a fan of horses - I think they are just too big and they scare me a little bit. I'm glad yall found something for the two of you to do together.
I do loving seeing the apple orchard an love the fall scene pictures of you all. I bet it smells so good in the orchard. That riding looks like a good workout, too. I bet that was scary when that horse took off.
That apple orchard looks like a blast! And it still looks pretty warm up there.
I was surprised to see you at "that" orchard.. tee hee.. I'm waiting a bit so I can get the kinds I like and can them up for pie filling.. Want to make some pie filling and give them as Christmas gifts????? and girl you NEED to taste my Dill pickles.. WOW!! they came out good!!
I love the fall and want to start decorating.. but I have to do that when kids are not here... that's for sure!!
Oh... I wanted to add.. LOVE the pictures of you and whit riding horses.. I'm jealous!!! Ü
Oh apple picking sounds fun. I've never done that. It's so great to see that you are both still riding. Beautiful horses.
man, i wish it were fall here! it's still hotter than all get out. the pics of y'all with the pumpkins makes me jealous. i've never had red raspberry wine but have had apple (just last time i went to wineries with norman's woman) but it sounds good, do they make it there? that orchard sounds neat. you are brave to ride a horse, they scare me to death.
Post a Comment