Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Pugs Rule the Bed!

When we first brought Willow home at 8 weeks old we put her in her crate at night beside our bed. As she got older she learned what "Go Home" meant...and she would head right into our bedroom and into her crate and lay down and then we would lock it. Then Belle came along and she too was crated for a few weeks....That was until one night Brad said....Awww they are so cute...we should let them sleep with us....... Then we got Turbo......and Turbo is a very large Pug...a 33 Lb pug sleeping with Turbo is like sleeping with a Lab.
Bradley goes to bed way before me since he has to leave for work so early. As soon as he gets ready for Bed Willow knows...... she knows his bedtime routine and she is right there waiting for him to pick her up into bed with him ( Willow is Daddy's Girl ) so they snuggle in bed together until it is time I turn in for the night and when I do I bring in Om Turbo and Belle and get them all adjusted in the bed so there is enough room for everyone.( which is not much at all )
We have been thinking for a long time about getting a King size bed but I don't think that is going to make much of a difference seeing how all 3 want to be right up against you at all times.
Willow is up in Bradley's arm between us.....Turbo down at my feet under the covers and Belle is a floater...she floats her way around the bed through out the night.........

Last night. ( well....early this morning) I had a bad Scare. I woke up around 3:30-4:00am and noticed Brad was not in bed. I Tip Toed out in the living room and checked on the sofa...No Brad? I looked in Whitney's room....No Brad?( Whitney slept on our bedroom floor on my side of the bed sick with the stomach flu) I started to panic wondering where on earth Brad was! I yelled for him and I heard him mumble something faint....I turned on our bedroom light and he was laying on the floor on his side of the bed on the Pugs lamb skin bed! I was scared thinking he was having issues with his Diabetes and asked if he was okay. As I am thinking the worst and thinking if I need to call 911 he said.....No I am fine! The Pugs kept pushing me off the bed so I let them have it and I just took their bed......I said Oh Phew! I thought something bad happened to you and I was going to have to call 911! I adjusted the Pugs and finally got them in place and told Brad that I made room for him and he could get back in bed. He got himself off the floor and climbed back into bed...Just when he did his alarm went off for him to start his day.........

Poor Guy. what we do for our Pugs..... we even give up our warm cozy bed for them and take the cold floor on a smelly lambskin pug bed........ What a great Pug Daddy he is! But I am thinking deep inside he wishes he never invited the Pugs to join our bed with him....The crate was nice while it lasted.

13 comments:

Sandy said...

I think you need a kingsize bed if you are going to keep having pugs! I love the colors in your bedroom.

C.L. Davis said...

Oh that is just too funny. We have dog beds scattered in three different rooms in our house. I have to say the only one who has taken to their bed is my son, but not for an overnight! I can't have the pugs with me in bed all night - too hot!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh my. That's a lot of Pugs. Woman lets me sleep with her when Ian is out of town, and neither of us get a good nights sleep!

Page said...

Haha! That is so funny that you blogged about pugs in bed b/c last night we let the pugs sleep with us for the first time in several weeks and the first time in a queen size bed (used to be full size). I woke up this morning and told Rob how great I slept and how great it is having more room in the bigger bed. He told me he slept miserably since the pugs where up against him all night!! He informed me this morning that they would be sleeping in their crates tonight! But, I tell ya, I always see their cute faces at night and can't resist letting them in the bed!

Anonymous said...

Haha Poor Brad!!
My mom got a king size bed so she could have room for her two little doggies and I only have a queen but I can't really let them sleep with us (since I am allergic) and Gus isn't a sleeper but a napper. Indy likes to snuggle right about beside me but in the morning she stretches right out and scratches my hubby with her claws!
Hope Whitney is doing better today!

Yours Truly said...

We have 2 18 pounders that sleep with us. We started out with a queen bed and (thankfully) have since upgraded to a king. Once you do it you'll never understand how slept in the queen with the little doggies! Even though they like to snuggle you still have the freedom to sprawl your legs, etc. It's lovely!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh, I've missed reading about the sweet babies. We tried pug sleeping in bed with us and 10 minutes after putting him in the bed he peed all over the comforter. So he's got a comfy little bed in the laundry now instead.

Pam said...

Oh my goodness...poor Brad!! lol! I thought having our three cats in bed with us was crowded but I can't imagine all the pugs piled up in bed with you all like that. haha.

I just love the color on your wall!!

Manda Girl said...

We got a king size bed for that reason and the girls do still sleep snuggled up with us and push us to the outsides of the bed! I can totally relate!

Sometimes we wish we hadn't brought them into the bed, but I figure we couldn't change things now and think that I couldn't fall asleep without them snuggled up in their spots next to me.

Frances Louise said...

For the first year of my life, I had to sleep in my own doggy bed. But while we were driving cross-country on our way to Alaska, my parents felt bad for me so they let me sleep with them . . . and voila! We haven't looked back since! I think Daddy would feel lost without me snuggling up against him!

Unknown said...

You definitely need to get a king-sized bed! I finally retrofitted my double bed to king sized when I went from 1 pug to 2 and now there's enough room that 6 of the 7 dogs sleep on the bed with me. Only Josie prefers the floor because she's so hot blooded! But I don't get shoved out of bed... instead they surround me so it's almost impossible to get out.... but I'm NEVER cold in the winter!

Carol

FlipFlop Mom said...

Ohhhhhh too funny!!!! Yeah.... he's a good pug dad!!!

kristie said...

we have a king and 3 of our cats sleep with us (and they are smaller than pugs, for the most part) TRUST me - there wouldn't be enough space still if you got a bigger bed. all the cats have to be touching us. there is lots of extra space but they just want to be right on top of us. but i wouldn't have it any other way, lol.