As you know Whitney has been taking riding lessons and her and I have a Passion for them and some day we want to have a couple. We are still going to the stable 2 times a week riding and learning proper care for a horse, Whitney starts Equestrian 4H this coming week to take her horse care further...... Bradley has a good friend who owns 11 Draft horses and today he invited us over because he was trimming the Hoofs and shoeing the horses. If and When we get horses Brad wants to learn how to do most of the vetting and horse care like hoof trimming rather than call on a Farrier if we don't need to. So Brad and I are taking time to go up and watch and ask questions and learn by watching his friend Lyle who has raised horses and knows all there is to know about caring for them. If we do get horses we most likely will board them up at Lyles ( he lives less than a mile from us up the road) until we have a horse barn built and all we need to care for a horse..........

Whitney needs to get on her tippy toes to Braid "Sweet Rose Valentine's " mane..... ( she earned her name by being born on valentines day)

Lyle trimming the hooves

Brad and Whit watching and learning.....


Whitney is out in the field looking for the hooves clippings...( she called them big toe nails.)

Whitney asked so many questions...I am surprised she didn;t bring a pen and a notebook for notes!


Here he is explaining "details" of the Hooves

Whitney between Sweet Rose and Kiera

lots to learn still...... Lots of money to save..... a lot of commitment. Now is not the time but we do see a horse in our future.
10 comments:
That's great that you and Brad want to be educated before you take on the responsibility:) I love the new blog by the way! You did a great job.
do they horses stay pretty calm for the nail trimming? i'd be flipping out that one would kick me ;-)
I like your new layout. I imagine it's a ton of things to learn caring for horses.
Oh, I love the look of your blog. I've just emailed the cutest blog people so I can change mine too.
I like the new blog look. And Whit is getting tall!
I love your new layout!
That is cool that you are doing all that learning. I have seen hoof/nail cutting on Dirty Jobs and it was really informativ.. plus I think he is so funny! :)
Glad your classes are going well and I hope Whitney enjoys her 4h learning.
very interesting!!!
That is so neat to see all those horses...they are so pretty and look so sweet. Looks like they enjoy Whitney's company, too.
I love horses -especially the big Clydesdales!
The blog looks great too!
WOW looks like a lot of work.. but I have NO fear.. you guys will be amazing at it.... I'm jealous... Ü.. Well in a good way!!!
Post a Comment