Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sorry for all the pictures and LONG post!

This is Alex who once used to be our LONG HAIRED cat...we noticed that Alex had fleas so I brought him to the groomers to get a flea dip....the groomer said the best thing to do is to give him a LION cut...so here is Alex showing off his new Du...Funny or what...and why on earth did they leave the little Puff Ball on the tip of his poor tail?
Another View of Alex....and to think he is not one Bit Embarrassed by this???
My oldest daughter resting in my bed after a day at the Hospital for Testing....she has a 5 year bone growth Delay..she will be 13 this summer but her bones are at the size of a 7 year old. So she has a stimulation test today to tell us if she is laking a Hormone that is keeping her from growing . I have known about this for a few years now, they wanted to do this test a 2 years ago but I was reluctant to do it due to having to give her Artificial Hormones if it really wasn't necessary. I wanted to give her a fair chance to see if she could grow on her own since then she has grown 1/4 of and inch in the 2 years....( from her Doctors records) we went to my Mothers house and she keeps an area in her Kitchen that has measurements of all the Grand kids through-out the years and it shows she did in fact grow........but now it is starting to effect her self esteem and is very obvious she is much shorter than a lot of her friends. she has a hard time being able to go on rides at amusements parks and she ends up having to go on What she calls Baby rides with her sister who is 5 years younger. so anyway I try to tell her that I was always the shortest one in school so she knows it is not just her...So now we play the waiting game we should get her test results back with in a week ...The test was a bit scary, she did extremely well, Very Brave, it took a good 5 hours. seeing how she was dehydrated from not being able to eat or drink so they had a hard time inserting the IV finally after the 6th time they got it in. I had to keep my-self together not flipping out on the nurse who used my daughter as a pincushion..My Husband kept his cool as well..Pfewww, so her Blood- sugar was at 82 when she got started then they had to drop her blood-sugar by giving her Insulin..)EEEKKK!) My Husband and I were given the Job of keeping her awake....in fear she will lose consciousness and go into a Diabetic Shock. they got her Bloodsugar down to 28....she was sleepy and hot flashes and dizzy...she came out of it fine and her body replaced the sugar on its own. when the test was finished it was up to 81. I don't know what the Blood sugar has to do with the Hormone testing though??? I usually don't write about personal Health Problems about my children but I didn't know if anyone out there knew of this type of procedure or Hormone Deficiencies. On a happier note...........this is my youngest daughter busy at work making me a picture..............
The finished product...................Willow and Belle! you may have to click on the picture. I LOVE the tails.
This is the Book she is reading..........A great Book Molly Moon ( a book on a Pug )
Here she is Sound asleep on the floor using Willows bed as a Pillow.......
I just took this laundry fresh out of the Dryer....I come back to fold it and this is what I found....Willow snuggled up in the warm fresh laundry..only of Willow smelt like Downy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is really brave to have gone through all that. Hopefully the test results will at least yield something. I hate when tests are inconclusive and all that work is done for nothing.

Your daughter's pug drawing is the cutest thing! Very talented!

Sandy said...

Both of your daughters are so beautiful and of course Willow and Belle, too. I sure hope your oldest daughter gets some answers and that she will be okay. I know someone who is shorter and makes up for it in being very intelligent. I think it must be hard while you're growing up to feel like you are shorter than everyone else.

Ziz said...

hey! did you still need to email me?? lol..I never did get anything.. :)

Anonymous said...

Please give your wee one a hug and kiss for me for all she had to go through. As the parent, it is so hard for us to sit back and watch some things. Although I think the nurse wasn't a good sticker. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Laundry snatchers.....lol. What theirs is their and what is ours is theirs......so they think. Adorable pics.

Ziz said...

I hope your sweetie pie daughter is feeling better. :) What a trooper.

That poor cat! Humiliation... ;)