Sunday, May 06, 2007

Boy I missed Loon Lake!

Lake season has begun! Whahoo! We moved sites this year ( our final move..we LoVe our new site..LoVe it!) so lots of work to be done. This weekend my Husband and my Father built the deck so next weekend we will be assembling our 19x8 deck screen room. then we will be just about finished. This week we will go over to put up a wire fence in the back area for the Pugs to have a place of their own. I hate to keep them leashed up all the time...so with the fenced in area the pugs can go in and out the screen room freely.......it is nice and shady out back too. so this will be nice on warm days. and they can Poop in Private! Our old site was like Hello! Watch me Poop! Poor Pugs they must not of liked having an audience! now they have all the privacy they want! Deck just about completed...now just a little bit of lattice around the bottom.
Brad, Whit and my Father working hard on the deck.



Soon I will be in my Kayak on this lake!

The ~somewhat~ view of the lake from our site.



The fire pit area.......


I tried planting flowers...UGH I so don;t have a Green thumb. Time will tell...









This is not where I plan to keep the Pug solar lite but this is where it sits for the time being.







13 comments:

Sandy said...

It looks like a wonderful place to be!!! You all deserve a great spring summer fall after such a long winter.

Punchbugpug said...

Glad to see your back at the lake!!! Can't wait to see your screen room! We have been waiting to see yours, but we hear from neighbors we may need something a little stronger to withold the winds by us...boohoo. Looks like I may not get my screen room this year. Maybe I should play some instant tickets and win big like my dad!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Everything looks awesome! I wish I could come camping with the girls too. Ian won't let us have a camper. We're so jealous!

Magnolia Sun said...

It looks great. Do you keep the camper there all year? I'm sure yall go every weekend. Is it very far from your house? Sorry so many questions just curious. I would love to have a place like that.

AM said...

Yeah! Lake season! Your area looks so personalized! I had no idea you could do so much! love the firepit and pug crossing sign.

lalagirl said...

LOVE IT! Looks like so much fun...and the fact that you made it your own by adding your personal effects...so cool and relaxing. We want to join you guys!

Porky & Brownie

kristie said...

love the deck, gonna love the deck screen room, love the lake, love the view, love the fire pit!!! how often do y'all go there? I so want to go there too!

Anonymous said...

That looks soooo relaxing. I wish we had a place to go and escape for a couple of days :)

Katy

Wendy said...

How neat to have a place to be able to head out to whenever!! We go tent camping a lot but I am not sure if I am ready to go with Lani this summer. Maybe when she started walking:) Right now she refuses to touch the ground! LOL!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

To answer all your questions.....
We keep the camper there all year long..the lake is open to for us from May through October...we keep the camper there during the winter and open it up in the spring. The campground a seasonal campground only. it is like a little community you really get to know everyone there...My parents are there too! It is just under a 30minute drive to the lake. we are so close to home but when you are there you feel so far away...the good thing is if you forget something it is only a hop skip and a jump from home. we stay there every weekend and sometimes during the week..we just get up and go to work from there...we don't usually do this until the kids are out of school middle of June) There are times we stay there all week long. .The owners have a Pug named "Puggy"

Michele said...

Your place looks so beautiful. I love trailer weekends at the lake. You are so lucky to be able to personalize your site like that. We can have the garden right around the deck and plant by our one tree but that's about it. We put in some solar accessories but nothing beats your Pug. I also like your sign on the wagon. Too cute. I just came home yesterday from ourtrailer and now seeing yours I want to go back and sit by the lake. I look forward to hearing and seeing more about your summer by the lake. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh. What. FUN. You will have at Loon Lake! I love everything about it, the nature, the LAKE, the house, the area...How peaceful and relaxing...time to get TAN! Yeah :o)

Bailey said...

I wish everyone had a place like this. I'm sure Willow and Belle will have a great summer!!