Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I should of became a Nurse!

If I knew what I had to do now I would have gone to Med school. Between my Daughter having Pitority Dwarfism and needing injections each night to stimulate her bones to grow. Brad being a diabetic needs his injections of insulin daily.......................



Now Ole' Man Turbo has to have shots. Brad and I had to go to the vet the other night to have a lesson on giving Turbo injections each day. Some of you knew he got ill while we were on our vacation and we had him go stay with his Foster Mom Carol from the GMPR. She knows Turbo and knows well and I felt very comfortable having him in her care. Thank Goodness becasue Turbo ended up getting sick and had to spend the day a her vet due to a horrendous cough. They wanted to take x-rays to check to see what was going on in there but he was so stressed out they decided it was best to just leave him be. When I returned home I brought him to our vet. ( not because I didn't trust Carols...just to follow up with our vet.) He was diagnosed with Infectious Bronchitis and was sent home with a stronger Antibiotic and steroid and Valium. ( The Valium is to keep him relaxed when he has his coughing fits he panics and paces back and fourth) This seems to help alot and lets us all get some sleep at night..... He still coughed alot and his antibiotic gave him diarrhea and each time he would cough he would (((sorry this gets gross))) spray poo on the floor and walls...( he would get so embarrassed and PLEASE don't tell him I told you this...poor Ole' Man) So I would have a Hot bucket of water and Lysol and Mop to clean up after him during the day. Also he would cough so hard he would vomit. so...........nothing was making him better...a little but not to where I was comfortable watching him and hearing how hard he would cough. So the Vet called us back in and gave us the option of Bringing Turbo in everyday for a shot or we could come in and have a technician tech us on how to give him his shots. So we chose it would be less stressful on Turbo not having to go to the vet everyday for the next 2 weeks so we went in with Turbo and went over on how to give them. He was a trooper. I made Brad do it as I held onto him letting him know that sometimes we have to do things that hurt but they make us better in the long run. I fed him treats as Brad treated him with his injectable Antibiotic/Steroid. Brad did a great job! so now so far out home treatments are going well. Turbo has hardly coughed today ( he is also on a cough syrup too) He goes back in to see the Dr in 2 weeks to make sure his heart is well and his cough is better...His bad cough is not good on his heart so we are taking extra TLC to make sure he is taken care of 100% . we are doing all we can to keep him calm and relaxed. So far this new Injectable medication is doing the trick!





I would like to say...........
Happy Birthday Dad!!!!! we love you XOXOXOXOXO we hope Kramer enjoys your Birthday present. His Doggy Car Seat!


I promise I will get back on track with the Vacation Posts soon~

17 comments:

Leah said...

Awww, so sorry to hear Old Man Turbo is sick. Hope you are feeling better soon! Love, Daisy and Oscar

kristie said...

get better turbo!!! i hate it when any fur kids are sick. give him an extra hug and kiss from me.

Pugalicious said...

aww poor lil guy!! that just makes me hurt readin it.. aww! Hope he feels better soon

Jessica said...

awwwww Turbo... We hope you feel better soon!

Sandy said...

poor little old man turbo. I sure hope he gets well soon. You guys sure do take good care of him...he's a lucky little pirate dude.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh, poor Turbo. I didn't know he was ill. I am so sorry to hear about what he has been going through, but I'm glad his cough is getting better. Poor little guy.

Page said...

poor baby turbo...get better soon! it's such an awful feeling to watch them get sick without making it better immediately! he is in good hands with you guys!

Pam said...

poor turbo! I hope he gets better soon.

AM said...

Oh, poor Turbo! I am so glad to hear that the shots seem to be working though because that sounded like an awful situation for everyone. Get better soon buddy!

And yes, I think you should qualify as a nurse under a "life experience" option or something.

Erin Ward said...

That just breaks my heart. Poor Turbo. Give him a big kiss for me!

Punchbugpug said...

OH poor Turbo!!! So sorry to hear he is sick. Injections...yikes!!! Maybe you should go back to nursing school????

Magnolia Sun said...

I think your right, you missed your calling. Hopefully he better soon.

Nevis said...

You could've been a nurse! And I'm sorry to hear about Turbo getting sick...and about his anxiety.

Right now both my pugs are having allergies with all the warm weather we've been having around here in Alabama. It's all the pollen right now. Poor guys! They've been coughing but mostly sneezing and runny nose.

Frances Louise said...

Poor Turbo . . . we are sending you our love and best wishes for a full and quick recovery!! What wonderful parents you have, too, giving you the shots you need and cleaning up after you!

Wendy said...

Poor Turbo:( I am glad he is getting better with the new meds though!! Also Happy Bday to your Dad!!

C.L. Davis said...

Oh my goodness, what you are all going through! That poor dog (and your poor house!!!) Well, it is good to know that the shots seem to be working. Hopefully each day he'll be better and better.

Priscilla said...

When my little Maya B got diarrhea I gave her a thick rice sludge with a little meat and carrot in it. It helped firm her up. Also with all those antibiotics you might give him some acidophilus to help build up his digestion.

He is HUGE. Prob about Franks size, Franks about 40 lbs, maybe a little less. Huge hunks of pug they are.