Thursday, July 10, 2008

I need Pug Insurance!

Guess who?

Guess who is going to have surgery tomorrow morning???
Yep...Belle. As most of you know she is a loud and noisy breather. We learned back a few months ago that her left nasal passage is collapsed and her having such a flat face really makes it hard on her breathing. So tomorrow Morning she goes in to have a nasal wedge done to open up her nasal passages to help her breath easier.....

we and the vet thought it would be best for Belle to have her nose surgery the same time she has her patella surgery on her left leg but that is not until the end of summer and now that it is so hot and humid she really needs her nose done now. So tomorrow she is getting a Nose Job!Here is a video to let you hear how loud she is...she breaths like this all the time. This is mild compared to when she is hot...









Now for Willow.... The past 5 days she has had a VERY runny nose, sneezing ( both regular sneeze and the inverted sneeze they do) then last night we noticed she was really congested to the point where she couldn't breath out her nose, she has to breath through her mouth, as she slept beside me I could feel a rattle in her chest.........
I made a Dr. apt and the Dr. listened and examined her and found she has swollen lymph-nodes, a fever and her lungs are yucky ......her diagnosis is Upper Respiratory Infection. So here she is soaking in a tepid bath with her special Pug Bubbles ( to sooth her itchy skin) to help bring down her fever. She has not ate much the past 2 days....I am hoping once the antibiotics kick in she will be able to breath easier and will want to eat. ( I know when I am sick with a head cold being all stuffed up I hate to eat too ) I bet Willow wishes she was having the nose job done in the Morning with Belle to help her breath better. The vet said give it a few days for the antibiotics to take effect. The vet asked if Belle or Turbo have shown any symptoms as Willow, I said no not at all, I remembered and mentioned to him that Belle and Turbo both had UTI's last week and are both on antibiotics for that and he said the antibiotics probable helped then fight off the illness because Willow is very contagious.... He said before he performs Belle's surgery in the Morning he will check her over and if there is any question he will postpone her surgery if he feels she may have caught Willow' illness....
O.M. Turbo is the only one ready for the Lake this weekend...this is what he is going to be doing the next few nights...........Hopefully Belle will be able to come home from the vet and join us and rest inside with Willow....

O.M. Turbo really enjoys a good campfire!

6 comments:

AM said...

aw, your pugs just sure have a time with it dont they! I'll be thinking of Belle and her surgery. And Willow and her infection! I love the pics of OMT and the fire.

Leah said...

Poor puggies! I will be thinking about Belle tomorrow that everything goes great with her surgery!

Wendy said...

Your poor puggies! I hope all goes will with Belle's surgery. Wont it be strange to have a quiet breathing Belle? LOL!! Enjoy the camp this weekend. We can't wait to get up there. Jillian's baby shower is August 2nd so we definitely must plan something.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes OK - you are a grade A+ pug mom to be so vigilant about their health.
Please let us know how the surgery goes - my vet has already suggested it for Clementine and I'm starting to really consider it as we have 4-5 consecutive 100degree+ days here a few times a month.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I'm so sorry your lady pugs are not feeling well. I Hope they all get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope they all feel better soon!