Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Whitney the washing Queen!

well First off I want to Thank you for understanding and having to go through the hassle of logging in just to keep up with me. I hope to not always be private but it is what it is for now....I just hated people coming to me in public and say Hey! I found something on Google and it was you and your Pugs? what is that? It that like a personal web page? ( I hate that! I just want to be me with out people off the street here in town peeking in on me kinda creepy!) and Yes...I still have that Damn Blog troll.....they just wont leave me alone and always has a nasty remark on how horrible I am to give Miles our Chocolate Lab away.... Now That we are on Miles...he is doing wonderful. I see him nearly everyday and he still knows we are his first owners and is always happy to see me , like he is thanking me for giving him the best of both worlds... he still comes over to visit and he still goes on service calls with Bradley for work and he has a wonderful home across the road with Bradley's uncle.... anyway....


I seem to have had a bout with Bad luck this past week.......
First....you are not going to believe this but, MY CAMERA BROKE!!!! I am crushed! I am so lost without my camera. I take pictures each and everyday of the Pugs, my kids and random things to post one day....now all I have is my cell phone camera to get me by until I can get a new camera.......I am broke now since we just bought a new living room set ( a future blog post) I know some of you are thinking???Didn't they just get a new set last fall? yes we did but do you remember this post? But with Belle having that close call being stuck and overheated in between the sofa and window we knew we needed to change the living around...but there was no way to with the way the room is set up. so we bought a new sectional that allows room in the window area just incase this happens again.... anyway...back to my bout of bad luck...not only did my camera break but........
My new front loader died! ( I have only had it for a year now!) I have noticed the last few cycles it was not spinning out as well and the other night it was making a horrible grinding noise and it was flashing F for failure....I tried to run it through another cycle but it was frozen. I went to open the door and it was locked? Great now what do I do? here it is midnight Bradley is sleeping and I have no clue to know how to get it unlocked. I turned it off and it was still locked...Grrrr I try to move the washer to unplug it but it would not budge, then I had the brainy idea to flip the fuse box to turn it off....Yes! That worked. ( I patted myself on the back for that idea!) once I opened the door it was full...I mean FULL of water.. not good not good at all....I dump out all the wet soggy laundry into a laundry basket and drag it out to the back deck and wring out the laundry so it would not over work the Drier....lost of work at midnight...it was nearly 1am when i got it in the drier.
having a Pre-teen and a teen aged daughter who love to change their clothes 100 times a day makes lots of laundry. I talked about going to the laundry mat but........



I hired Whitney to do her laundry in the Bathtub today! It was a hot muggy day so Whitney had a Blast putting on her bathing-suite and filling up the tub with cool water and Gain and stomp around on her clothes like a laundry machine!
But tomorrow I think I am going to run to the Laundry mat to do Brads work clothes and a load of towels...They are just too much to do in the tub....besides I want clean towels....

I called SEARS today and they told me they can have someone at my home on Thursday, between 8am and 5pm...WHAT? 9 hour time span? usually they give a 3 hour time span but not 9! so guess what I get to do all day on Thursday? wait for SEARS to come. I had to cancel my dentist app. just to make sure I was home when they arrived...sighhh. But I need my washer so I guess it is worth the wait. I never realized how hard it is with out having one to use...I really took my washing machine for granted. Hopefully nothing else will break on me this week, I wont handle it well.....

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness Lisa...sorry about the washing machine problem! Whitney reminds me of I Love Lucy stomping the grapes! I know Miles must love having two homes to love him and going to work with Brad! I don't understand why someone has to bother you about it or even be bothered by it?? I bet whoever that is is just bothered to death everyday by millions of "tiny" things in their head...must be miserable to be like that. Maybe Sears will call you that morning and give you a better time span for the service call.

Malissa said...

Why is it that things always break down in the middle of the night? I can't even count how many late night messes I have had to fix. Good call on the breaker, I don't think that even would have crossed my mind! That stinks about your troll. People just have too much free time. I hope all is well, and please keep up the pug pictures I can't get enough! (Even though you would think just looking at my pug would be good enough, but oh no!)

C.L. Davis said...

You aren't alone there....we just had a new washing machine delivered to our house on Monday. Ours was about 1-2 years old and died on Sunday. Guess you don't want the pugs in there helping out...too much hair!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh man - when it rains, it pours! The internet is full of weirdos chock full of useful advice and opinions *cough cough*. Hopefully they will leave you alone soon. I've had similar problems with Sears and their "timelines".

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Well I hope this helps.. I have facebook and have had people add me that I know... and then they turn around and comment on EVERYTHING. That is a bit much for me... :p

Well I hope things slow down a bit and get better... have a seat with a glass of wine and a book... :)

Magnolia Sun said...

What a pain, I'm with you on laundry - I do at least a load everyday and it's only three of us!

Frances Louise said...

We Love your blog -- thank you for allowing us to remain a part of your lives.

Mommy just read about Belle -- we are so glad she is doing well!

Mommy hates it when machines break down! Do you like the front-loader, by-the-way? We might need to get a new washer soon, and Mommy is torn between the old top-loaders and the newer front loaders.

PLEASE get your camera fixed soon! We love your pictures of all your kids!

kristie said...

wow, i remember when you got that washing machine...cannot believe it already broke. i bet they can fix it though, but man that's a long window to wait for a repair person.

i cannot understand why someone cares that your dog lives across the street with a family member?? it's not like you took him to an animal shelter or something. geez!

there is a way to block 'goggling' or any other type of search engine from finding your blog. if you decide to go back to a non-private setting, i'll show you how.

lalagirl said...

Exactly...oh my goodness! I have been jealous of those with front loaders and wanting one. Our washer and dryer is old but works perfectly...waste a bit more water than the front loaders but going strong! Hehehe. This type of situation has happened to us so many times that we decided if it is not broken, don't buy new ones. That way I won't be up late in the night cursing away. Hope everything is fixed now and you won't have to "hire" any more help. :)

Somer Love said...

That is a very interesting way of cleaning clothes :)

Sorry about your camera!! Glad to see everyone is on the mend. 16 more days of stitches is alot tho YUCK!!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

This is a CRACK UP... well.. not the washer breaking or the camera.. but Whitney is a HOOT!!!!!!
Poor girl... I had an issue with my FL today... it wasn't giving me water.. UGH!! but hubby fixed it.. somehow!! phewww...