Wednesday, April 04, 2007

First time for Everything.....

As most of you know that I worked as a Hairdresser for 13 years in a salon. I got burnt out cutting hair and needed a change...I always have cut my daughters hair at home for their whole lives...I think maybe once My oldest daughter got her hair cut by me at the salon I worked at when she was like 6 years old. As she got older she wanted to try new things with her hair which I did at home too...up until recently she talked to me about maybe having her hair done at A SALON. here is our conversation....

Me-Tori it has been awhile since you had a trim how about I trim it after your shower...
T: I know...I kinda want to get it highlighted again...
Me: Really? Okay I just have to go to CB Sullivan's to get some more Highlighting Foils
T: Ummm.... ah....
Me: What?
T:Um..never mind
Me-So do you want me to still trim it?
T: Ah....Hmmm...
Me-Yes or No
T: I kinda want to get it done at a salon??
me- What? you want it done at a salon? I think to myself...okay..when I was 13 1/2 would I want my Mom doing my hair still?...NO! Thinking to myself again....This poor kid wants to talk to her girlfriends about her salon fun..not her Mother doing her hair in the kitchen on a Bar stool!
T- Are you mad?
Me-No Not at all...I can call my hairdresser and see if she can get you in sometime if you want
T-EYES LITE RIGHT UP! Really!
Me- Yep Not a problem...

So I made an appointment for Tori and she got her hair done today...I also had a hair appointment but I still have this funky Virus that is making me feel crappy still so I called to see if Whitney could take my spot for a surprise for her..........

This is actually not the first time for Whitney to go to this salon....this photo below is her Birthday party she had for her 7th Birthday. She had a Salon Party! The Party Girls got beautified from head to toe!
Whit-Bits Birthday party Picture that is on display at the Salon................ (Whit is the 3 one in on the left holding up 7 fingers) (you may have to click on the photo to enlarge)





This is the display Window of the salon..I thought it looks so Cute!


Whit getting her hair trimmed........
Tori getting a Cap highlight.........


Looking Good! Wha Hooo!



take it off lets take a look!


We have a permanent Smile here....she is one happy Teenager.







Whit decided on having her bangs cut again after trying to grow them back out...She looks cute with them...Brings out her Bright Blue eyes!


I am so glad we did this..it took the pressure off of me. The had fun and We already made a follow up appointment!
I am next!




9 comments:

Sandy said...

They look so beautiful. Great job on their hair! That would make anyone feel so good. Does it hurt to pull long hair through that cap? Nice display in the window.

Punchbugpug said...

Their hair looks so nice. Love W's bangs, they really do make her eyes stand out! I didn't let my daughter (or son for that matter) do highlights until they were 16. I was MEAN. LOL

That virus is no fun...just seems to hang on. Hope your 100% soon.

Magnolia Sun said...

I can answer about it hurting - when husband was pulling mine through it hurt! I'm sure a professional doesn't hurt though.

Looks like the girls enjoyed themselves and their hair looked really good.

AM said...

W looks SO gorgeous in that bottom picture! Really looks great!!!

And T looks just like you!

Michele said...

A day at the salon does the world of good. They both look so good and happy. Thanks for the insperation, maybe it's time for a mother/daughter day at the salon or better yet, SPA DAY!
Feel better soon.

Priscilla said...

Your girls are absolutly beautiful.

Tell T the hair is FAB.

Great job mom! What a treat for them.

Chandra said...

When I was in middle school/high school my sister was a hair stylist. I loved going there to get my hair done. The girls hair looks great. They look like the enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous girls :) u should be so proud to have produced such beauties lisa!!
toris hair is just awesome, makes me miss long hair....:(
what a fun fun day!!
hope u feel better soon hon!!

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

They both look gorgeous! There are going to be boys coming around soon!