Saturday, April 28, 2007

This weeks Meal of the Week is...............

I don't know about you but this whole Pet Food recall thing has scared me..Even the Food i have been buying at the vet has been pulled of the shelves........so After I searched the Internet and contacted our vet They have given me a few Home made Dog food recipes to make.....so Friday I spent the afternoon making PUG Food! Willow having a protein allergy the vet gave me a prescription to help her deal with the allergy due to me making their food...So far so good they started it yesterday and Willow seems to be doing well with it and is taking her new medication with no hassle...Phewww...........so I went to the grocery and got $65.00 worth of ingredients to get them by for the next month.......( I was paying $118.00 a month of Willows prescription food) so this week i made them.............Lamb Stew!

some of the ingredients..........meat and eggs cooked and I added the veggies...........

Gross.I hand mixed it all together..........UGH!


Appetizing huh?......... NOT!!!!



All Packaged..............



and they LoVeD it! they licked their bowls clean!







14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so hungry that food looks good to me :)

Oh my! Lisa, just on Thursday night I went to the Saint John Regional Hospital and I seen a spitting image, identical twin of Whitney's. I was just about to run after her and say "Whitney, what are you doing in Saint John?!". It was insane, she looked soooo much like her!!!

Unknown said...

Ohhh...I bet Benjamin, Henry & Luna would like that. I might have to give that recipe a try. It would be a good change for them.

Sandy said...

That is so neat! How long will that amount of food last? What dog food were you using?

Anonymous said...

Yummy. I need to get a new recipe for Suki and Twix. I'm wondering the same thing as rpm...how long will it last?

Katy

Michele said...

Mia would love that. she only get's dry puppy food and is bored of it. That's a lot of work but at least you know your babies will be safe.

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

RPM and SUKI........
The batch I made above all packaged is enough for a week. They get half a bag in the am and the other half of the bad in the pm. I did notice that they didn't like it cold right out of the fridge...so I nuke it in the microwave for a few minutes to take the chill off...( Spoiled Pugs I know!) I now decided Friday will be my Pug Food making day....it didn't take long it was quite easy. and the recipe is a weeks worth of food so it works out well....

Wendy said...

That's great that you are willing to make that! I am glad they pups enjoyed it:)

Pyrite said...

Can we come for supper? That looks delicious!

Pyrite and Boscoe

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Yummy. I'm sure it's healthier for them too.

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

if you have time, would you share the recipe? I'm thinking of becoming a dog chef too!

Magnolia Sun said...

Your such a good mom!

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with the pet food in the US?

Penny said...

Hi! I LOVE your blog! I've been reading it for a long time but this is the first time I've commented. I've been making my pugs food for the past 3yrs. They love it! I was wondering if you would post the recipe and portion amounts for the dog size or the name of the book that the recipe came from.Thanks! Penny

lalagirl said...

We have been getting fresh cooked food, too. That looks pretty yummy. We will have our humans try cooking that for us, too.

Yummy!

Porky & Brownie