Thursday, September 20, 2007

14 years ago tonight............

14 years ago tonight I was Fat, Cranky, scared, excited, anxious and not sure if I was ready for what was coming 3 days shy of my due date....I remember as if was yesterday. Brad called into work saying I was having contractions ( which I wasn't he just wanted a day off of work) so we went shopping, out to Lunch. We bought the Movie "Cliff Hanger" packed my hospital bag and read through the Book,"What to Expect when you are expecting" I read that book cover to cover over and over... we setteled in and watched the movie. as I laid on the living room floor flat on my back I placed a clear glass of water on my very pregnant belly and watched the water trickle with the movements and kicks from Tori moving around inside. She even had the Hiccups that night. close to when the movie was to end I got up to brush my teeth. As I stood up and proceed to walk over Brad who was laying on the floor I felt a GUSH, Brad said..." what was that? what was that on my feet? I quickly sat back down and Cried..I cried so hard...I said I am scared, I think my water just broke....( On Brads feet) He called the Dr. she said to time the contractions and when they go close apart to call and head to the Hospital...( the Hospital is 30 minutes away) My contractions really didn't start so I told him to get some sleep it looks like it is going to be a long night. My water kept trickling so I sat on the toilet and cried and read "What to expect when you're expecting" again.. Brad fell asleep and My contractions started up. some were so bad. I didn't want to wake him so I tip toed up stairs and called my Mum I talked with her while I was contracting and she really helped me through some biggies. I remember mentioning to her I feel like this is a 911 call. Just having my Mum on the other line made it so much easier. They got pretty hard and close so I woke Brad around 3am and we took the what was supposed to be a 30 minute ride was more like a 15 minute ride. I took a Gallon Jug of Orange Hi C out of the fridge and drank that on the way. Clinching my seat belt in agony. Once I arrived the Hospital I was greeted by a team of nurses who took great care of me I remember what I was wearing too. I had on my Cool Panel elastic waist jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt ( little things like this I seem to remember)...I was checked and was told I did well staying home as long as I did because I was 7 cm dilated. I was getting uncomfortable and tired, I looked over to find Brad asleep! I had a ball of flex clay I had in my hand to squeeze when I felt a contraction so I chucked it at him and yelled at him for not helping me.... My labor progressed to the point where I could not stand it anymore...I received a Spinal and it gave me a allergic reaction and did absolutely nothing for the pain it just added to it...I itched and itched and itched all over my body...so I am pushing and itching at the same time...No fun, No fun at all. after about 8 hours of labor and an hour of Pushing I gave Birth at 9:48 am. Tori with Full head of dark hair..I though I had a sasquatch! she even had dark on her ears! she was so tiny. 5lb 14 oz.........here is what she looks like today.......

Stay tuned for her Birthday Montage tomorrow!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

What a sweet story. I had to laugh about the water letting loose on Brad's feet....sorry Brad. I can't imagine how scary/happy feeling that must be for you and all the mamas int he world. Happy Birthday to Tori and mother's day to you!

Punchbugpug said...

Looks like she's feeling better for her birthday! That first baby is very scary for sure. I called my mama while P slept too....it was good to have her.

Christine & Giggs said...

Great story! I love the part when you chucked the stress ball at Brad! That is totally something I could see myself doing (well, I'm sure lots of laboring women would do the same thing) lol!

Looking forward to the pictures :)

Wendy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TORI!!

Your story cracked me up:) I think that Brad deserved getting his feet wet since he actually fell asleep at the hospital!! LOL!! It was the punishment before the crime.

AM said...

I hope she is feeling well enough to go to school and the dance!

I SO feel your pain with the allergic reaction that made you all itchy. There is NOTHING worse than being all itchy on top of all that other stress and pain!