Monday, September 03, 2007

LaBoR DaY with Pugs at the Lake

Well...The last summer Holiday come and Gone...it was a nice weekend with a load of activities going on..Fishing Derby's, volleyball & Horseshoe tourneys, Obstacles for the Kids... Saturday Night we had a DJ and a Dance...( Tori and Whitney went...Brad and I stayed at the camper and made Brownies. What a bunch of Fuddy Duddies I know...what kind of people pass up Entertainment to make Box Brownies???
The Campground just purchased a Movie Projector so on Sunday night we had a Drive in Movie with a Cession Stand with Homemade French Fries and Fried Dough! Yum! The Movie played was "Eragon" I wish I brought my camera down so you could see all the Golf Carts lined up and all the Blankets with families bunched up to watch the Big Screen. Brad went to Dunkin Donuts and got us Hot Cocoa and Coffee...it was so cold we all bundled up. We only watch the first part of the Movie but We were cold and our hands were like ice. The Blankets were damp from the Dew. It was fun. But Chilly! Monday we got up and packed up and headed back home to get back in the swing of School and work Mode...
alsoTurbo has not felt well during the weekend..we have a Vet appointment first thing in the Morning.....Not too sure what is going on with him...I think it is his Collapsed Treachia acting up. I feel so bad for him all he does is Cough and gag...all day and night. I hope the vet can help him get comfortable. He starts to panic during a coughing fit. ( as do I) He got me up both nights coughing...so I brought him outside hoping the cool fall air ( it is so cold here during the night) would help sooth his cough...I wonder what our neighbors thought of that during the wee hours of the Morning...his cough is like a HONK. Poor lil' Fella. so anyway I will keep you posted on this...


Here is thePug Posse fueling up at the Gas station on the way to the Lake for the Holiday weekend....

I should of taken this picture after I washed my rear window huh?




At the Lake at last.......They love their feather bed.

Willow and Tori Saturday Morning.




Belle and Tori Saturday Morning waiting for Breakfast.....


See I told you we skipped the Dance to make Brownies!
MR. Betty Crocker.





Dad waiting for the Brownies with his Posse.




Saturday Morning the Kids had a few obstacles...this one is their favorite...the Egg roll.
They have to hold a spoon in their mouths and push the egg up the hill....Tori's friend Hayleigh won! Yeah Hayleigh!


It looks to me that Whitney is Cheating? do you see her hand on her spoon??? BUSTED!
LOL
Right after I took this picture I got stung by a bee. My arm is still hot to touch and swollen. It still hurts like a S.O.B!
Tori playing the Egg Toss..........


She came in second!





Time to head home....I said to the Pugs...Common! Lets go for a ride...( meaning to go tot he back of my car)....Turbo decided he wanted to ride home with his Daddy in the Clunker! He jumped right in the back to the back window of Brads car.....He must of known he was bringing Whitney to McDonalds! they came home with a happy Meal and Turbo got some of the French Fries!





Update on Turbo:
We went to the vet and he has Bronchitis. He is on Prednisone and Amoxicillin. and lots of Frozen Chicken Broth Ice-cubes! He does not like Plain ol' Ice cubes so I froze Chicken broth for him to lick to sooth his cough...I told him to get better really soon.. Because are going tot he Pug Social in 2 weeks and he gets to See his Foster Mom and all the other Lucky Rescued Friends he made while at Green Mtn Pug Rescue.



4 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

Don't you just HATE that last, long summer weekend? Glad Turbo is okay, although your wallet may not be!

Yum, brownies, we have NEVER lite our oven in our RV...NEVER! 9 years and never used!!!! LOL Too scary to think of lighting it for me!

Leah said...

Poor Turbo....hope he is feeling better really soon! It is so stressful when our fur kids are sick. Poor baby.

AM said...

Oh poor Turbo. Glad you took him in right away though! Yikes. How do they get these things??

I noticed T's blonde highlights! they look great on her.

Man, yall have sure had some great times at the Lake. I bet that's more popular up there because the weather (and bugs too maybe?) are a tad milder than down here.

Wendy said...

I love all the pictures! Glad to know I am not the only one who LOVES to post lots of them:) Poor Turbo! I hope that the CB ice cubes are helping!