Yesterday I talked about Whitney and her first day of school....As I mentioned Tori left very early in the morning to go get ready with a friend so I was unable to get a first day of School picture so today I got a second day of school picture of her. Tori is now in the 8th Grade, trying out for Team spirit, taking a HipHop dance class on Wednesday nights. She is now a certified Baby sitter and this week she found out she has to take home a Mechanical baby. It is for her Health Class and the program is called " Think it Over" this class is to show teenagers how tough it is to care for a baby at such a young age and to teach them responsibility. She will be bringing home the baby tomorrow and will have to care for it until next week. She will have to wear a bracelet that is programed to read a chip that is in the Mechanical Doll. This chip will read how well she cared for the baby. There is another bracelet for a "Babysitter" Guess who will have to have that one? How cool am I going to look walking a baby doll around the campground this weekend?! The doll also comes with a Car seat that we have to strap into the car as if it is a real baby...Good Grief! I remember I had to do this in High-school and we had a 5lb bag of Flour that we swaddled in a baby blanket and had to lug that around. Now they have these mechanical dolls that are programed to cry, go potty, wake up during the night for a feeding, ect ect ect...she will not know what sex it is until she has it tomorrow in class...then they can name their baby. She should do just fine seeing how she took a week class on "Safe Sitters"
So wish us luck on our new family member for the next week!
(If you click on this picture you can see all the apples on the Tree behind her Yipee almost apple picking time!)
Notice her PINK hair is gone? She decided she didn't like it so I re-highlighted it to take it out...This didn't hurt my feelings..I really didn't care for the Pink hair thing.
I think the Pugs get lonely with out their Sisters home. Today they soaked up the VERY HOT SUN it was in the 90*'s again today......

Gosh I love this face! I think this is now Turbo's chair..he loves sitting in this chair out on the back deck.

Well tomorrow I have to work all day...My in-laws are in Alaska for a few weeks and I am so behind in my work (when they go away I am solo the office..too much work for one person )..... then we are off to the Lake for the Long Weekend. not sure if I will be able to post before we head out...if not...Too~Da~Loo and I will catch up on Monday!
HaPpY LaBoR DaY!!!!!
13 comments:
Oh gosh we had that "baby" at our house too! My daughter was cheerleading at the time and I had to hold the baby at the game. It was funny! Even funnier was hearing a baby cry in the middle of the night and not having to go take care of it!!! LOL
Can you believe it's the last long weekend of the summer!!!! We leave tomarrow too. We need longer summers like our southern friends!
We had the egg for our class! I think it is soo funny that they make the kids carry around the mechanical babies!
Tori's hair looks soooo good! I def. should have had you do my hair:( WAH!!! We have an apple tree too and I can not believe how many apples we have this year!! YUMMY!! We may not even have to go to an orchard! Well, Michael still may want the homeade donuts!
Have a great time at the lake! We are going to the fair this weekend...to the derby! I have never been so should be interesting! Very redneckish:) LOL!!
I feel like I'm teaching middle school again seeing the Abercrombie & Fitch shirt one day and now Hollister the next. Your kids are very cute. Yay for getting rid of the pink hair!!
That's a beautiful picture of Tori! And those apples in the background are so plentiful. How do you pick them? It looks like a tall tree. I am glad I didn't have to do the baby thing in school. I do not have the patience for it. I think it's a good teaching tool, though. Hey, Turbo has my seat on the deck...tell him to move over!
We had an egg when I was in school. Cole had to deal with the bag of flour. Maybe it's a good thing having it programmed that way they really have to take care of it. I remember my last day with that egg - I through that think so hard across the parking lot at school! How nice to have all those apples so close by.
We had an egg too. But what I remember was that we had to construct a way to drop the egg from off something high without it breaking. Some sort of parachute and padding rig. So maybe that wasnt the baby experiment at all.
Tori looks so cute. Does she have the finger tip rule for skirt and short length at school? I remember trying to wear short stuff and if they came around to check, we would scrunch our shorts or skirts down a little and raise our shoulders a bit.
( Again, Tori looks cute, I was just curious about the length rules, I didnt want that to be taken like I have a problem with it. Cause I dont!)
And an Apple tree! Wow! It really does have a lot of apples on it! Do they stay in pretty good shape or do bugs get to them?
The baby exercise sounds sort of fun!
Am:
Yep Her school does have the Fingertip rule...Last year she had a pair of shorts on the were too short...they called me to bring her in a longer pair. She has 2 pair of shorts she loves but is not able to wear them to school. so she has to wear them on the weekends...They also have the rule of No Tank tops. I think the dress code is a GOOD thing..you ought to see some of the Girls ( who think they are 20) some of stuff they wear is baffling??
The apples are Buggy. we didn;t have the trees sprayed in the spring. The Deer love to come out at the end of the day and nibble on the ones that have fallen to the ground. We usually go to the orchard in September for apple picking...Fresh off the tree apples are the Best...nothing like the store bought ones.
Good luck to Tori on the tryouts - I remember years and years of them (just ended my pro dance/cheer career 3 years ago). Sounds like the girls are off to a banner year!
Ugh, when I was in high school, my boyfriend had one of those babies, and I foolishly offered to babysit it overnight! It was soooooo annoying--but a good example of what it must be like to have a real life baby!
Wendy directed me over here to check out your blog... we found each other through a scrapbooking site... and when she saw that I posted a picture of a Newport Covered Bridge she told me to check you out!!! So here I am!! CUTE blog!! and your pugs are ADORABLE .. I have a lab and wanted a pug.. but my hubby said no.. lol lol... my lab would be to jealous!!!!
I sure like the mechanical baby thing. If they take it seriously they can learn alot with those dolls.
Cute hair! I missed the pink hair pic. My middle had pink hair when he went to first day of high school. Kids are so funny.
Post a Comment