Monday, August 13, 2007

Vacation Part #3

Tori and Whitney were trying to enjoy themselves. This was the only picture I took during the whole night....if you want to see them at last years fair Click here ( its funny some are of them on this same slide)


Turbo was what I needed to feel better...He sat with me at the fire when we got back from the fair.....I was so sick I even passed up a Funnel Cake! I never have passed up a funnel cake!






The next day we went to the farmers Market.........

Whitney couldn't understand why I said no to buying one of these Puppies there......ummm 3 pugs...family of 4 squeezed in a camper? No room for a Puppy Honey!
We bought Corn and summer squash and zucchini at the farmers market and a Bottle of marinated....this was what I made for dinner when we got home....we had the Maple Fudge we bought there for desert.



Well this part of our vacation was not a good one.....it all started out nice. It was a 100* day VERY HOT whats a better place to be on a Hot day like that? The Beach! I packed up my Beach cart mid Morning full of Magazines and Drinks and Lotions....I sat my Butt on the beach all day long. I talked with my friends as we all pulled our beach chairs together and soaked up the hot sun for 7 hours. As I sat on the beach I mentioned to a friend...Whoa..I don't feel that great. She said well we have been down here all day...maybe you had enough heat and Sun? I packed up my cart and walked back up to our camper and took a shower and felt pretty good...Maybe that what I needed ( So I thought) after my shower we headed to a fair we go to each summer. We planned on going to the fair at night when it was cooler. The fair is open to 11pm. it is about an hour ride to the fair and we stopped to get a quick dinner at Friendly's. We tend to go there often.....The kids really like it. I got a Ruben sandwich and fries...it was petty good...( again so I thought) after we ate we jumped into the car and went to the fair...as soon as we pulled into the field to park...This over powering pain settled into the pit of my stomach and I thought...OMFG! I am going to be sick! I try to contain myself to not let the kids know I am feeling Ill. Brad noticed my body language and asked if I was ok...Thats all it took to get the girls all upset seeing me hunched over in agony...Tori as most of you know has a Germ and sickness phobia...she instantly panics....I managed to get myself into the gate to purchase our tickets and I am not paying attention around me all I was looking for is a trash can or a bathroom. ( Mind you we are at a fair....only Nasty Ass Port-a-pottys!) My mouth is watering, I am feeling dizzy. I finally had enough of the nausea and pain and I couldn't take it any more....I only came across a Handicap Port-a-Potty....As I walk over to it I am saying to myself.....Man I must be really sick if I am doing this....I so don't do Port-a-pottys!) I opened the door thinking I can just get this over with...I gag and turn and run out the door....I can't do this....Brad found a nice( as nice as you can get at a fair) bathhouse....I was so sick......My biggest fear is throwing up...but I was to sick to even think about it...I was cold and lethargic....The kids were a good sport...they did keep on asking me Mom are you ok? Mom are you going to be sick again? Mom Do you feel okay? Mom do you want to go back tot he camp? Mom? Mom? Mom? they would not let me clear my mind ! all I wanted was for them to enjoy the Fair not ask me 101 questions. I sat on benches as Brad walked the girls around...I always stayed near them but wanted to make sure I was close to a bathroom. Brad got me a water and held my arm with his just helping me along....I did have to be sick again a few times so we figured it was time to head back.....I get car sick so I thought I should drive just to keep my mind off of being sick...and if I rode shotgun I knew I really would of been sick....I made it home ( the camp) I felt pretty good ...just tired. I got ready for bed and was thinking why I was sick....Did I get Sun Poisoning? Was it Food Poisoning? was I stressed out because I just received a letter from our insurance company the day before saying they are no longer covering Tori's growth Hormone any longer and I will have to pay $8,500.00 every 3 months.....( ya can you believe that? Like I have $8,500.00 in my pocket every 3 months! Chachingggggg!$$$$$$$$) anyway for you who do not know My oldest daughter has a diagnosis called Pituitary Dwarfism and she stopped growing at the age 7 years old. ( she will be 14 next month) so she needs this medication which is a injection she takes every-night until she is 16-17. So I am appealing this due to it being a necessity for her for her to have proper growth and turn into the woman she is striving for....with out this medication she will stop growing again. UGH! so I guess I don't know what made me so sick..... anyway..I thought I was good until 2am...then I was sick all over again...nothing like being sick at a fair and then in a camper...No fun...no fun at all....I took a break from the beach the fallowing day, I hung low up at the camper all day. I felt much better so we decided to head into town to the Farmers Market. We got a Huge Zucchini ( I made a Stuffed Zucchini the next day) we also got some marinades and fudge....and soaps ... we had a good time and it felt good walking around without fearing that I was going to be sick in public...I hope this won't ever happen again..... Phew....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness Lisa that last part of your vacation made me forget all the nice happy things I was going to say about the events before! I am so, so sorry you felt so sick. Just reading that made me feel sick.
I am on my time-of-the-month right now...so I *totally* know the gross pain-in-the-stomach-Hunch-Over type pain you are talking about! (for me, that is cramps during T.O.M) YUCK. They are just plain annoying.
What sweet B~Day gifts you got!
I am excited to see what the hubby got you from...... COACH! Fun Fun Fun :)
Also Lisa..I love your Abercrombie Jammies in that first pic with precious Turbo. He is your little man! He looks sooo cute and soooo at home & HAPPY.

Wendy said...

UGH!! I am so glad that you are feeling better now! I heart funnel cake and only a few fairs around here have it, so I would have to be pretty darn sick to pass that up also:(

Oh, and let me know when you are heading to "the mall"! Maybe we can meet up! I will be up your way this weekend for Jillian's shower.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh you poor Woman. I am so sorry to hear of your misadventures at the fair. What an awful situation. I am also sorry to hear about your insurance company. I hope you are able to talk some sense into them.

Magnolia Sun said...

I'm glad your feeling better now. Nothing worse than feeling like your gonna be sick around tons of people.

Insurance companies are crazy!! I hope you are able to overturn their decision.

Punchbugpug said...

Good Grief!!! Sounds like a combination of things, starting with TOO much sun. I hate throwing up too...I REALLY hate it just like you. I can really feel for the whole..."sick at the camper thing"...ugh!!!! Hope you are feeling better now!

Sorry to hear about the insurance thing. That is tough. Definetely do the appeal thing. Try not to worry!!!!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

So sorry you were sick and I'm glad you are feeling better. Terrible way to spend your vacation but you have a sweet family to be concerned about you =)

I hate insurance companies. All they're good for is bullying people around and they try to get out of paying anything they can. Do you have an agent that can help you in the fight?

Priscilla said...

I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. Maybe it was just a summer flu bug.

Poor dear! You're babies were just so worried about you. I know how annoying that can be when you're sick and just want to hole up and die.

Leah said...

This is so, so sad, but I am glad you are feeling better! I hate throwing up anywhere, but it must be especially bad to throw up in public.

Let us know how things go with the insurance company. That is so absurd!

Sandy said...

Gee...I wonder what that was? Maybe you ate something at the beach that was out in the hot air too long? I hate that it ruined your evening at the fair. NOthing worse than being out and about and being that sick where you have to use the "facilities"..yuck. I'm glad to hear you are going to appeal the insurance company decision. My sister had to do that for a surgery that she needed at a hosptial out of state...they denied her the first time and she appealed and was able to have the surgery where the best doctor located.

Christine & Giggs said...

I'm so sorry about the insurance company letter. You want the best for your children and for them to have normal lives and they could care less if they can save a buck. It's disgusting. I hope the issue is resolved, you must be so stressed!

See if you can skip over to Ontario or Quebec to buy her growth hormones...

AM said...

Oh man,I am so sorry you got so sick. I agree, throwing up is HORRIBLE. That corn you fixed looks good thought.

Good luck with the insurance appeal. Don't loose steam, talk to anyone who will listen, even a TV station or govt official. That is WRONG of them to take that away. Dont they understand that she needs it until 16 or 17? Maybe a strongly worded letter from her doctor to back up the importance of the medicine.

Pugalicious said...

wow just catching up with you, sorry again so late on everything. I felt bad reading this and seeing how sick you were. Wow my heart went out to you. I know how that public barfing can be.. I got sick on the plane when we went to Vegas in Feb.. wow hope you feel better