Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Day of School

Hooray! Sorry I love my daughters to death but, I am so HaPpY that school is back in session! They are always on the go and can make the BIGGEST messes in the house while they are home...SO today...My Vacation started! Being a stay at home Mom During the summer is a LOT of work! ( But yet Rewarding :0) ) So today my day started so early...I got up around 5am to Find Tori out on the sofa all cheerful and Happy. Whitney comes ruing out of her Room all Cheerful and Happy too...Brad is looking at me like..WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR KIDS! They are so not morning people. ( either am I Grrrr) you could hear the excitement in their voices . ( it reminded me of them on Christmas Morning) They both went out and jumped on the trampoline ( Mind you..it is only 5:30-6am!) as I made everyone Breakfast...( Scrambled eggs, Hash-browns and Bacon) After Tori ate I told her to get ready for school...( we leave the house at 7:10 ) she said can you Brig me to Taylees? ( one of her BF's)we wanted to get ready together then her Dad is Bringing us... So here I am driving Tori to her Friends house at 6:30 am so she and her fried can get ready together??? Huh? not sure I understand what the big deal was getting ready together was all about but I guess that is what 13-14 year old like to do now a days...do eachothers hair and makeup? who knows? so I never got a First day of School Picture of Tori. ( who is going into 8th Grade...Uhg! last year before High-School )

Whitey and I return back at home she picks out a outfit... she picked out a outfit that is not even New? ( why did I bother go school shopping? ) She did her hair put on earrings and talked and talked and talked about School...We doubled checked that she had everything she needed in her Bag. Lunch$, summer reading Log, Student info Sheet....I asked her about her Glasses and she looked down and walked away saying she LOST THEM! she slammed her Door and sat on her Bed telling me that she lost them and she didn't know where they were. ( 10 minutes before we have to leave) I didn't want to make a big deal about them on the First day of school so I told her that I would look for them while she was at school and not to worry about them........ so Before we left I took this picture of her ..



.Whitney...Going into the 4th Grade.
She is not giving much of a smile for me in this picture...still upset about the Glasses I think..........



Here we go...here is a little smile.



So as we approach the school we walk into a Swarm of Kids, Parents...I swear the Parents were acting like they were the Paparazzi! I wonder how many photos I walked threw as they were sapping shots of their kids...Gosh..I thought I was bad about taking pictures all the time..I didn;t even pull mine out of my bag!...I was blinded by all the Flashes going off! LOL Anyway Whitney met up with her Best Friend Abigail. Whitney turned to me and said...You can leave now.....she gave me a hugs and Kiss. I stayed a few more minutes because I was talking with Abigail's Mother ad Whitney came and said....Mom I am in 4th Grade..You can leave you know! I guess she is getting to be at the age where they dont want their Mum's around anymore....



When I got home I could See Turbo in Whitney's Bedroom Window...I think Turbo misses Whit. He has been spending most of the day on her Bed....

He loves the Morning sun......



I bet he will still be there when She gets home to hear all about her day!


(I think I need to remind Whit to turn off her TV before she leaves for School)







Update: I did find Whiteys glasses...I think she hid them so she didn't have to wear them to school...She absolutely hates her Glasses! She will be Bummed to hear I found them...



8 comments:

AM said...

I'll bet she did hide those glasses! :)

I love the polka dots on her walls. I've never noticed that before! Did yall paint those or are they stick ons?

Do you make breakfasts like that every morning??

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

AM:
I think she Hid them too! Hoping that I would not find them!

Yes the Polka Dots are fairly new..we all switched bedrooms here and she wanted Polka Dots on her walls...So Whitney and I painted them on..I traced a salad plate and a CD and we painted them in with Paint she picked out.
( I bet Emma would like Polka Dots too!)
As for the Breakfast..I do make breakfast like that every weekend both Saturday and Sunday. Usually during the week they have cereal or pancakes...
( Tori likes Grilled Cheese for Breakfast with tomato)

Leah said...

Poor Turbo......he looks so lonely! I understand about the glasses thing....I started wearing glasses in Kindergarten and hated them. I was so happy when my mom let me get contacts in 8th grade!!!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Yay for the first day of school! My boys go back on Tuesday and we still need to go buy shoes and backpacks.

My almost 10-year-old HATES wearing his glasses as well; he has the transition lenses that turn dark outside, which has helped, but I've promised him contacts when he's a bit older.

Wendy said...

I love the first day of school:) I hope the girls had a good day! Tell Whitney I love her polka dots! I will post later about Wesley's day, of course he didn't have much to say about it!

I am supposed to wear glasses also! I don't and I can tell that my eyes are getting worse! I problably would have hidden mine too:)

Sandy said...

Whitney looks so cute and poses so nice in her pictures. It's nice to hear they are excited about starting back to school. It sure seems like they just got out! Little Turbo is so sweet. That looks like a great place to wait on sister to get home.

Magnolia Sun said...

Shane doesn't start school until Tuesday and he will be going to high school, how in the world did that happen!!

I bet Wit hid the glasses too, she is such a cutie pie.

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

I was just talking about how I missed going back to school. Not so much high school or junior high, but I would go back to college in a second!