Wednesday, August 22, 2007

This and That and Be Careful what you wish for!

Today I ran a bunch or errands...one of them was going to the Food CO/OP I like to go there a couple times a month to stalk up on items that I can't find at our regular Grocery store......Now that School starts next week I got a few snacks that Whit-bit likes in her Lunch Box....
My new Favorite cereal is.............. This cereal has Freeze dried Strawberries and Raspberries ! Love this stuff! and it does not get soggy like the other Cereals do....


Whit-bit likes the Freeze Dried fruit snacks....


Banana's are so hard to keep in the house...I can eat the whole container of these things! I buy these in bulk...I have some in my car...house...and I bring them to work...Brad likes them too and keeps a container in his truck....If Whitney is lucky she will get some in her Lunch box next week. I just may have to go back tot he CO/OP to get more.....
They are nothing like the Banana Chips you buy in the store...these are so much better.



Here Try one........ click here



Well Whit-Bits hermit crabs all died ..the last one died about a month ago...( so sad....NOT) so since then she has been one me about getting her a Bird..BIRD? No Way! Sorry. We had to go tot he Pet store to pick up some Wellness for Turbo. I was clinching my fists thinking she was going to get under my skin about the Bird thing again....As I was getting what I needed for Turbo I feel a Poke on my back with a little vice from Whitney...
(W)Mumma? Can I get a pet moth?
(ME) HUH??
(W) Look ! inside this box ! Moths live inside the nut thingies!
(ME) Oh those are Mexican Jumping beans Whit.
(W) Cool .........Mumma? What are Mexican Jumping beans?
(ME) The are Moth larva that live inside that nut...they jump around inside and make the nuts move that is the clicking you hear in the box.
(W) Cool. Can I get these instead of a Bird! I don't know anyone who has a Pet MOTH!
(ME) Sure...
(W) Cool..Can we get one for "A" too? ( her best friend) so we can play with them together?
(ME) Sure...why not....
(W) This is so cool.....


Well the coolness cooled down quickly...She now thinks they are so annoying and boring...She moved them out onto the Kitchen counter because the tap and click in the box they are in...
Good thing the were only a $1.42!






The beans came with a paper of instructions in caring for them..on the back there is a game to play with them... Whitney says they don't play well....



Now that school is nearing we got a call from her 4th Grade teacher to come in browse around her new classroom and to get a Book to read and do a report for the first day of school...Whitney started her Book tonight ( Sarah, Plain and Tall)....She really was not into this book at first but now she can't put it down. I just wish her Reading Glasses were on. She always wanted a pair of Glasses..once she was told she needed them she didn't wish for them anymore...she hates them....
We just went to the Orthodontist last week and we learned that Whit-bit needs orthodontic work and upper Braces, She starts her treatment in a few weeks....This was another Wish of hers...Wanting Braces...lets see if she still wants them when she gets them on...
****Be careful What you Wish For!****





8 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, I hate that the hermits died. But I didn't know that about those jumping bean things... a bug inside? Those dried fruits do look good. I feel for Whit and the braces. It's always fun to get something new...but sometimes that new feeling doesn't last long! Hey blogging auntie X two! Isn't that good news?

Becky said...

Haha love the comment about be careful what you wish for! My husband is the same way!! He wanted braces and when we got married he got them setup and first put on. Now 2 years later he still has them on! Oh well....he still has more time to go. I do have to say that I have never heard of the moths! That would be pretty interesting to see I would think. Once your daughter finishes that book, she should watch the movie with Glenn Close and Christopher Walken in it. It is very good!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Mmm ... those freeze-dried goodies look awesome. I don't think Whitney is going to be so excited about those braces the first night she is crying for advil. They hurt :(

Magnolia Sun said...

I eat that cereal too and I love it because the strawberried don't get soggy too! We don't start school here until Sept 4. Shane has another 1.5 year left for his braces and he couldn't wait to get them either now of course he hates them. Cole ended up having his braces on for four years. Hopefully she want have to go that long.

Anonymous said...

hey just a thought -- ask the dentist about invisalign instead of braces! I REFUSED to get braces when I was 18 or so (I had already had then as a tween) and once the dentist knew that I was not going to pay for expensive braces, he told me about invisalign and they worked great! They are these clear retainer type things, and they gradually move your teeth into the correct position. I only needed 3 total, and it took about a year. So much easier than braces! and you can take them off to eat too. :) Just a thought to keep in mind for both your girls for the future. ;)

kristie said...

i love love love kashi cereal. what is your food co/op like? that book that whitney is reading was a tv movie and i LOVEd it...you should try to rent it if it's out, y'all would probably like it.

Jamie said...

OH, Sarah Plain and Tall was one of my absolute favorite books growing up. It's so wonderful that she's into reading!

Also, be ready to cook very mushy food for Whitney when she gets those braces put on. For the first six months of my orthodontia, I lived on maple/brown sugar instant oatmeal, carnation instant breakfast shakes, soup, and popsicles.

Chastity said...

I feed my daughter freeze dried strawberries and bananas sometimes...a little easier to carry in the diaper bag than fresh ones. Those strawberries are *SO* tart!

BTW, found you through Wendy :).