Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Little Bit Of Our Day Today......

Tori's turn for the Bug. She has been coughing for just about 2 weeks now along with a low grade fever. She missed one day of school last Wednesday because of a fever and cough. It never really seemed to go away. It seemed just linger and cause more discomfort. She went to school today and this morning the School Nurse called me to let me know she was concerned with Tori's cough and thought it should be looked at by her Doctor she said she was OK to be at school but if she got worse she said she will have to be dismissed... So I called and they saw her today after school...Her Diagnosis is.......Bronchitis! My first thought was ..( Did she get it from Turbo???) what a coincidence? Having a Pug and a child with the same illness. ( Funny) The Doctor also check Whitney out too because she is still coughing...Not nearly as bad as Tori tho. He said he thought Whitney just needed a few more days to kick it and to just let it take it's own course but Tori having a low grade fever, swollen glands, all congested she needed to be on an antibiotic and a day out of school tomorrow to let the antibiotic kick in and a good rested day....She hopes she is better by Friday. Her School is having a School dance and it is her 14th BiRtHdAy. If she misses school she can't go to the dance. also she and her friends have Big Plans for a BiRtHdAy Party that night...( Details to come)






My goodness was the Dr.'s office room boiling! the sun was beating in the windows and the heat was on...No wonder she had a fever! The Dr walked and and said Wow it is warm in her and cranked opened up the window. I felt like I was in a Sauna.
( when We woke up this morning I could smell something odd....OUR HEAT WAS ON! it was int he low 30's last night!)

Whitney finished up her homework on the Dr.'s Desk as we waited for the Dr. we waited like 20+ minutes.......
Picking up her antibiotic.........





A little Pug Medication............
I made a Grilled panini and Tomato soup for her dinner...I bought her some Cute comfy Pj's to wear............

And I bought Whitney some MOON SAND for being so well behaved during Tori's Dr. Visit.

She has been wanting Moon sand for so long....So today was a good day for her to be rewarded with some.........Tori must really not be feeling well...This is something we don;t see much here...her sitting with her sister and being nice...They played with this for hours tonight....

Now I must end this post and go clean up all the Moon Sand on the Floor...........

9 comments:

Christine & Giggs said...

Looks like fun! (Aside form the being sick part).

Hope Tori makes her dance and party!

kristie said...

oh, i'm so sorry that tori is sick! hope her day outta school helps her get better...so she can go to the dance and have a big time birthday party this weekend...ok, i've never heard of this 'moon sand' stuff...but now i WANT some for myself ;-)...

Magnolia Sun said...

I've never heard of moon sand, at least they could play together for a while. I hope Tori is better soon, sometimes it takes a while to get over that stuff. Cole has been dealing with it for a while too.

AM said...

Oh man, I bet that moon sand DOES get EVERYWHERE!

That lunch you made Tori looks so good. Do you have a pannini press or what do you use? And what kind of bread is that?

Sorry everyone's been sick around there!

Heather Goodwin said...

Aw...both kids and your cute doggie have all been sick? You sure have beautiful girls. If they are that pretty when they are sick, I can only imagine what they are like well! I hope that Tori feels better for her birthday! (P.S. That moon sand looks really cool but it should come with its own vacuum.)
http://malinthemiddle.herhangout.com

Punchbugpug said...

Sorry to hear Tori is sick...blah. Hopefully she will be feeling much better by Friday! The dance and her birthday are probably good reasons to feel better! What the heck is moon sand???? It looks fun!

Wendy said...

You are such a good Mommy:)Can you come spoil me when I am sick?!? HEE!!

Poor Tori...I hope the is better in time for all the festivities!!

How did you like the Moon Sand? Wesley REALLY wants some, but I didn't want to buy it without trying some or knowing someone else who bought it! SO, how was it?

So, we really need to make some plans!! I know that things are busy, but I miss you:) Really, I do!

Sandy said...

Tori, you better get well before your birthday! The best thing is being able to lay on the couch all day, though. That moon sand sure looks interesting. I have never heard of that.

Pam said...

I hope she feels better soon. After seeing the soup and sandwich, I think I'm going to have to make that for dinner. YUM!