
Today Belle had to make an Unplanned trip to the Emergency Vet.....after only being home a few minutes from being at the lake all weekend Willow, Belle and Turbo all jumped up onto the sofa to take a rest. I had to run into town to pick up a few things at the store we needed. Just as I get a half a mile from home Brad calls my cell phone telling me I need to come back home ASAP. all he said is Belle has no use of her hind legs.....I Pull a U-E and flew back home and He is on the phone with the vet explaining her Symptoms. I guess what happened is she jumped off the sofa and fell over. she tried to get back up again and fell over again. Brad picked her up knowing she has no use of her hind legs. At this point she was shaking uncontrollably. My first thought she was having a seizure. The Dr had me meet her at the Vet. I wrapped Belle up in a soft baby blanket and drove her right down. to make a Long appointment short.....she tore her
Collateral ligaments in her right knee ....Yep! Not good. and her shaking uncontrollably is a sign of feeling pain or scared.....so right now she is home in some heavy medication and a anti inflammatory. She is no longer shaking...( Thank God!)The Dr told us to keep her confined in a small area ( or crate) to prevent her from trying to walk or trying to jump. we have not had to do either one. all she does is lay in one place. We carry her everywhere. she has not gone potty since her injury yet. I keep carrying her outside to see if she will go but she just falls over. The vet said this may take 3 weeks to feel better. If she continues to show no use of her leg She will have to go back in for surgery. she does not yelp or show signs of it hurting. she just wants to sleep. I hope this heals on it's own....Poor lil Bugger. The Technician helping the Dr was a Woman who we see all the time with Willow and Turbo. She said" Maybe this is Belle's way of getting attention because Willow and Turbo are always here for something and we hardly see Belle" Willow is always there for her allergy's and anal glands and Turbo is always there for follow ups for his eye and collapse trachea....I guess Belle really was sick of being left out....now her medication in with the Pug pharmacy we have going here....we now moved all the from the bread box to the big cabinet.
14 comments:
Oh my...poor little baby. She will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am just worried now! I am so glad you were able to get her to vet so quickly and they can give her something for pain. I sure hope she gets well without the surgery. Kiss that baby for me. We will need updates soon.
poor Belle!! That must have freaked Brad out. I am glad that she is doing better now with all the drugs:) Hopefully healing will be fast so there will be no surgery.
oh no! i hope she gets better really soon. please keep us updated. i will be saying lots of prayers for belle to heal quickly.
Oh Belle! I hope you feel better soon, sweetie. Rest up.
Awww, poor Belle. We love you and hope you get well soon!
Poor baby I hope she doesn't have to have surgery.
Aw! Poor little girl! I was worried it was going to be permanent when I first read what happened. SHe's a trooper and I'll pray that some rest/time/medication will fix her up just fine.
Oh Belle! I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope you get better soon you sweet little baby!
Oh no - poor girl! How scary that must have been for all of you. Lots of kisses to her from all of us. Sweet girl - get better soon!
Poor Belle! They can hurt themselves so easily! Chloe hurt her back a while ago and we did the emergency vet thing. Now she won't jump off anything high at all. She waits for someone to "help" her off. They know!
oh noooo. that breaks my heart. keep us updated -- much love to little belle.
Poor Belle!
I hope she feels better soon and can at least do her 'business'.
Heal up quick sweety!
I'm so sorry to hear this!! I hope Belle has a speedy and healthy recovery!!
Pug hugs and kisses from Sadie and I.
PS: I think I am going to Maine, Vermont...and North Conway, NH. I don't have much of a clue about any of these towns/states...but I just wanted to let you know I'd be near you. If my friend and I are up to the drive, we should stop by your place, and if you're up for the company :)
- Nic
Oh, poor baby Belle! Please keep us updated as I'm all worried about her now as well! I hope she feels better and I'll keep her in my prayers.
Post a Comment