Sunday, September 09, 2007

~Apple Picking Tradition~



We went Apple Picking yesterday in Vermont. we took the weekend off from the lake, We have spent nearly every weekend there all summer, we needed a break. We were suppost to have Wendy and her family over to the camp this weekend but there daughter Lani was under the weather so we decided that we would plan another time to get together...besides I had the worst headache Friday night and woke up with it yesterday morning. We all are coming down with head colds. Tori's ears hurt, Whitney is all congested and coughing so it was a good for us to stay home and relax. Knowing it was going to be rainy the next few days we decided to go pick apples since the next few weekends are booked up for us. It was so hot and Muggy. I have never gone apple picking in 90* weather. usually we are wearing long pants and a light jacket.

We have gone to this same Apple orchard ever since Tori was a baby. The picture above is of her and I 11 years ago just a few days shy of her 3rd Birthday. This picture was published in our local news paper. ( Don't you just love my lovely hairstyle? ( Blush, Blush ) The kids like this one because they have a Petting Zoo. and offer Hayrides to and from the orchard so you don't have to Lug your Huge bags of apples around. We also enjoy this apple orchard. I will be going to this one this week so I can get some Ginger golds..I love ginger Gold apples.






Old Man Turbo and Belle love the fresh Apples. A few of them rolled off the table and they each sunk their teeth into one and nibbled on them. They we not to happy with me when I took the apples away from them when the got close to the core. SO today for their breakfast I added sliced apples mixed in with their food. They liked this treat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The apple picture with Tori.... priceless!!! I love it!! What a fun day. I love the Montage. :) Coco likes apples, too, and the vet said they are good for dogs! (in "moderation" he added... of course!)
Lots of love.........
Leah

AM said...

Well, I cant do Fall actvities in hot weather. Just doesnt seem right! Which is especially bad down here, becuase we dont get our "fall weather" until many fall actvities are over! I did find a local farm that has apple picking (and some of the other fun stuff yours has) and we might try that out soon if the weather will cooperate. This weekend it is suppose to be 80!!! Wooohoo!!

It looks like you guys had fun, despite the hot temps. I love all the pictures of the apples. They look gorgeous. And I love the displays you did!

Leah said...

I love the photo montage! Apple picking looks so fun. What will you do with all your apples?