Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back at Camp

We have not been to the lake in 2 weeks. I am ( was) feeling a little camped out. I love our place at the lake but lately I have (had) no interest in going. I think it is because we head over each Thursday or Friday and stay until Sunday or Monday each week.....Now that we have not been in 2 weeks it actually felt good to be back and realized it is nice to have this place to escape to. Now that School starts on Wednesday our time here at the lake will slow down.....I would miss not having this place... we plan on returning next year and many more ...


I was surprised our site looked like it was October!...the leaves are already starting to fall! We need to invest in a leaf blower....... Now that the nights here are getting chilly this is my favorite time of camping...

Our neighbors had these 2 nice folding chairs that they gave to us....Turbo really took a liking to the chair..... he now has this for his campfire chair.
Whitney Texting her cousins on her cell.....she actually has service at the lake!


Bradley cheated a little getting the fire going. From all the rain we had made our fire wood damp...so a little Tiki fuel did the trick in getting the fire going....so much so the fire pit was still smoldering in the morning....

Willow is feeling better and tomorrow she gets to be weaned onto some of her regular food! Yeah! so far she is doing well and is nearly 100% herself again.we had Corn on the Cob and we made sure there was no way she was going to her teeth sunk into one again! I tossed them into the fire pit!

She gets a little dozzy from her medications.....she sleeps all the time.
OMT really is a true Camp Pug..He loves the outdoors and really enjoys a good campfire and burnt Hotdog.
Belle just is a lazy pug and always nods off and snores away. Too much excitement for the Ole Girl.

Moved the folding chairs into the screen room Now Willow and OMT claimed them as their very own Pug lounger......

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I love your camp photos. I think about y'all a lot enjoying that site up there. I love hearing about the cool nights and leaves falling! Hard to imagine how that feels right now for us...but I can dream! I want to steal OMT from you! He is such a big old boy...looks like they have taken over the new chairs!

Page said...

Aw, Willow really does look so sleepy in those pictures! Makes me wanna snuggle up with her! ;) I can't believe leaves are already falling...we are in the middle of the worst (hottest) time of year down here and I can't WAIT for our leaves to start dropping (late Oct. or early Nov.)

Wendy said...

I noticed that you haven't written about camp much! Glad you all got back:) We went to Maine this weekend and most of their leaves are changing over. WHAT?!? Not all ready:(

Love those chairs by the way!

Priscilla said...

I'm happy to hear that Willow is doing better. Dry corn cobs burn great don't they!

Somer Love said...

Willow and Belle Look so sleepy!! OMT kills me he is so cute I hope he gets lots of burnt hot dogs I think I would burn them on purpose just to see that lil tail wag!!

Love the new pug chairs!!