Finally we have had a few nice days after being rained on for nearly 2+ weeks! our basement is so wet and musty smelling now. we called on a company to come and clean it and test the air incase mold setteled in.... it takes your breath away when you open the basement door and you can smell the must around all out heat vents. our house is only 3 years old and it should have kept dry. Not sure what happened but our basement is wet and everything is ruined by water and moisture My husband ran the wood heat just to help dry things up down there........Good thing we didn't completely finish it off yet! Like we planned.

Here is Whitney and her friend Cassy playing in our new Pond in our front yard.


Our driveway was under water....it got a little worse the day after I took these picture to the point where our Garage was full of water too.....

The Pugs hate to get their paws wet.......

It was a long 2 weeks of wet soggy rain.....but now the pugs have the sun and dry grass to do their thing. Now I can't keep them in...they love the sun and dry Grass. Hopefully the rain will hold up for a long while.....
8 comments:
You can send some of that rain down here! We have been in a severe drought since LAST August!
Wow, that is a ton of water! Ol'Man Turbo needs to sail his pirate ship on that pond. I sure hope your basement gets dry without having any major problems.
Oh wow that's a lot water! Indy is the same, she high steps through the grass until she has no chioce but to walk through a puddle.. after that, it doesn't matter, she is wet! :) Gus could care less!
We could use our own front yard swimming pool, it's been so hot here.
I hope your basement doesn't get moldy, we are fighting that in the laundry room... it stinks.. :(
Oh wow.. that's a lot of rain! Send some down south, we haven't had rain like that in a long time.
Hope things get dried up! Once you get started on your basement, you may want to use "Kilz" on the 2x4s and then use cement boards or green boards versus regular dry well so it is water resistant.
Stay dry and hope the Pugs get to play more outside...perhaps some shoes would help motivate them to get out?
Ummm That is a ton of rain is that normal?
Oscar & Lilly would of been all about the pond they love the water. They forget that they sink. So they are no longer allowed at my aunts they jump into her pool
Oh girl! You know that I feel your pain!!! We were so lucky to not have any water damage this year, but it's happened in the past. I hope that you can get it all dried up and healthy again. A dehumidifier certainly helped us get rid of that musty smell in ours. I can't believe its in the 60's today and this Sat is going to be 90! UGH...welcome to our early Fall, I guess:(
I know how you feel about the rain. It's almost impossible to cut hay or dry the clothes outside! I've had a dehumidifier running in my basement full time pretty much all "summer". Hopefully this week will dry things out.
Carol & the pugs (including new senior foster, Samantha!)
Post a Comment