Tori started her first day of High School today 9th Grade!...

I can't believe my daughter is now a High Schooler. Where did her Preschool years go? I remember them like they were yesterday. Her outfits she wore to how she wanted me to style her hair. Now she is grown up enough to make those decisions on her own. Today one of her girlfriends called to see who she was going to school with and asked if they all wanted to go together since it is a New school for them and to help take the edge off they all went together.

So I dropped Tori off at her Friend Jessica's and a few others who were there and they all walked to school together. She text me telling me how much she liked the new school and really likes having open campus ( she catches a bus to bring her to different classes around town like one is Dance Workshop that takes place at a Dance Studio here in town. and she also has to take a bus to a tech school for a Computer assembly class) in time she will be allowed to have open lunch which allows the students to walk or drive to a place to have lunch outside of the school.
She also finds comfort being there knowing her Mimi ( My Mother ) works there in the cafeteria. Today she was happy to see her when she went for lunch, But she didn't eat due to still being nervous.......

Whit-bit started her 5th year of school today. this is her last year at the Elementary school. she feel good knowing she is one of the older ones in the school and is a mentor for the younger grades during recess to make sure everyone is getting along and if not she is there to help solve problem solving. She has alot of her friends in her class and really likes her 5th grade teacher.

it was so chilly this morning...when i took these pictures it was only 47*! brrrrr~ Fall is near!

Lynn ( My sister ) if you are reading this.... I really think Tori looks alot like you in this picture
12 comments:
OMG 47 degrees!!!
Both girls look so cute and so grown up.
I'm thinking the same things as you are. My kids start next Wednesday. Heck, they were just in preschool, weren't they?!?
47??????!!!!! are you kidding? i can remember last year's post of t & w's first day of school - seems like it was just a couple of months ago. time is flying.
So cute! They sure are growing up fast eh? That's how I feel about Hugh and Lily.
47??? yikes here it comes!!! So not ready for winter myself.
I'm so glad Tori likes her new school. It sounds really cool. I'd like to hear more about her schedule, because it sounds like a really neat progressive school.
Your girls are the same years apart as my sister and I are! Oh, and 47 degrees?? In August?? Wow! That's like the dead of winter here!
Yeah...wasn't starting school in the 40's so much fun? Geesh!! Glad to hear the girls had a good first day:) I hope that things at the HS are better for Tori!! A nice fresh start.
I've been so busy, I haven't had time to catch up with the Pug Posse since the middle of July! You guys have been busy!
I love Bugs - he looks like such a sweetie :) Your couch is awesome! Belle's nose job looks positively dazzling and poor Willow - corn on the cob not good for puggie.
Did you get your basement dried out?
ROFL! Because before I read what you wrote, I'm thinking "holy crap, she looks like a *young* version of me". Too funny! They look fabulous- we don't start til next Weds, I'll email a pic of M.
are you sure that outfit is "appropriate"???? tee hee.. Ok.. you can slap me!!! I think they both looked AWESOME!! and ADORABLE!!
We certainly know what you are going through temperature-wise . . . I think we cracked 60 degrees here only three times this summer!
Your girls are so beautiful . . .sigh! To be young again (but not that young)!
they do look so grown up! It so neat to see them through the years. Wow, high school has changed a lot since I was there. We still had to eat in the cafeteria...no going out unless you somehow escaped. I sure wish I had some of that cool air here.
Post a Comment