Willow got into some mischief the other night....we had Corn on the Cob for dinner and we threw the cobs in the trash.... we left for a short time and we came back to see a Pug ate the Cobs! we found half eaten cobs under our table....wondering who it was did not take long after Willow starting vomiting during the night, the next day she vomited just once......and today she vomited 3 times and she still was throwing up peices of Cob from the corn. I called the vet and the told me to bring her in ASAP. Once we got there she pooed all over their floor....GAH! she was pretty sick and nervous so I guess it was to be expected.... once they saw her they aked for me to leave her so they could do a Barium test to make sure she is passing anything...if not she will need surgery to remove any blockage in her intestines.
More tests will continue through the night and will be notified if anything changes. Right now they say she is resting comfortably with her Blanket from home.
I wish I knew she was staying other wise I would have given her a Mom to Pug talk about being a brave Pug... and that I would be back to bring her home...... I thought she was just going to go in for a check up. Gosh.......
at Bradley's Lunch hour he came home and sat on the sofa with O.M.T. and Belle talking about what happend to Willow and how Pugs eating Corn Cobs is dangerous! ( I wish I had this talk on video..so cute and funny)
I will update when I learn more........

10 comments:
Yikes that is soooo scary!!! I had a similar episode with Heffy a couple weeks ago. Winnie will just eat the corn off not the whole cob. Well not thinking we gave Hef a cob and he ate it all up! He threw up like 4 times in my parents house but he is normal now. I didn't even THINK to run him to the vet... He poo'd no prob with in 24 hours.
OH NO!!! I didn't realize stuff like that could be so dangerous!! :( poor mamma.. poor Belle!!! I'll be thinking of her!!! and you!!! HUGS!!
Oh no!!!!! I hope everything is okay--I will be waiting anxiously for an update. Poor pug baby. :(
I didn't realize that that could make them sick either. I sure hope she is okay.
Oh no! Please keep us updated! We will be thinking about her today.
Poor baby girl! I know how you feel...Winston will eat ANYTHING, but fortunately, it's only ended on one vet visit with a successful passing. I hope she feels better soon! I'll be anxiously checking your site for updates!
Oh my! I have let my pugs have corncobs - but they never age the cob, thank goodness. They like to eat the corn off of it. Hope she is going to be OK and that she won't need anything major done! Maki and Penny send their love.
Good grief! Why do animals love those cobs so much???? Our old cat used to love to steal them from the garbage and make a big mess with them!
Oh the poor thing1 I hope she is doing alright and I am sure she will be a brave girl, she has her blanky.
We had a bit of a scare when Gus ate some tampons (sorry i know too much info) but lucky he passed it alright.
I never knew cobs could be that dangerous either! We will be thinking of her and poor sore tummy!
Sweet little Belle... hope you feel better. You gave your mom quite the scare.
Lisa hope she is on the mend... as well as your pocket book! Yikes!!!
Thinking of you both.
R.
Post a Comment