Monday, August 18, 2008

Whitney and Zee

This summer Whitney started Horse Riding lessons each Monday and Thursday Mornings. She has always showed interest in horses and riding, She really has come a long way with her riding and really knows how to handle and control her horse. I have enjoyed watching her in her lessons so I decided to start lessons starting this Monday........

Here is Whitney leading Zee into the riding arena before her lesson........( I love this picture, it is like Whitney is really thinking hard about what is going to be learned today......)



As I sit and watch this kitty named Little Grey always comes in and keeps me company. she is so cute with double paws.


Whitney really is enjoying her lessons, so we are going to continue them through out the fall and winter......

Whitney trotting.......


Whitney leading Zee back to the stable after her lesson........
after the lesson Zee is treated with Animal crackers and a peppermint for a treat.......( yes Zee loves those red and white spiraled peppermints!)
Whitney waiting for the instructor to unsaddle Zee so Whitney can groom her.....
This is Remington..... Whitney rode Remington when she first started her lessons...Now Remington is retired due to a Tumor,
I fell in Love with Remington..... he is a sweet and Gentle man.... He even got a sip of my coffee I am holding. He loves his morning Coffee too~

8 comments:

AM said...

That's a great activity! What fun. I think Emma would love horse riding too one day. She's been on a pony twice now and loved it.

Sandy said...

That's a neat thing to do. I think the more you learn to do when you're young, the better off you are when you're older because you'll have a clue how to do things when you're on vacation and looking for something fun to do.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Whitney looks like a natural on that horse!

Page said...

What a great sport for the both of you! How fun! I have always been a bit intimidated by horses, but they are so beautiful to watch.

Wendy said...

How cool! It's so great that she is starting so early:)

kristie said...

horses scare the crap out of me! i'm glad whitney is enjoying her riding lessons, i like how she gets to groom the horse at the end. i'd go with her just to see that gray kitty.

Pam said...

AW, how wonderful that she is taking riding lessons. I just adore horses!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Great Job WHIT!!! Hey.. you have enough property for a horse too!! tee hee!!! wouldn't that be a GREAT Christmas GIFT!!!

Love the pictures!!!