Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Getting to Know Old Man Turbo

Can I just start off by saying..." I am so in LOVE with this sweet gentle man" We have only had him for 4 days now and I can't imagine not ever having him. He has totally stolen our hearts!

here are a few things That I am learning about Turbo.

~He Loves to sleep under the covers at night....( so does Willow and Belle)
~When we go for walks he prefers walking on the Left side. I think it has something to do with his loss of vision on his left side.
~He likes to lay flat on the hardwood floor. I think it is because it is warm and muggy and the cool floor feels nice on his Belly.
~While I am in the kitchen preparing a meal on the stove he is at my feet resting nicely.
~He kicks so hard during the night trying to get comfy..( I don't mind I think it is cute)
~He has not so fresh smelling breath
~ when Willow and Belle get Hyper and run around he likes to try to take advantage of one of them...( Wink,Wink)
~He came with his Big Teddy Bear and he likes to get romantic with his Bear...( Wink,Wink) ( I didn't know 10 year old Pugs had it in them? LOL
~ As soon as he gets up in the Morning he goes pee out on the back deck then when he comes back in the house he goes to his dish and lets me know he is HUNGRY! He is eating Wellness Senior Dry kibble with a scoop of Duck & Sweet-potato. Then is ready to go Poop about 15 mins later.
~He is not good with steps. He gets up and down our front set of steps of the house but when it comes time for bed we have to carry him up and down the set of steps to and from the bedroom.
~When I leave the house I give him a Goodbye treat and tell him I will be back soon. When I return he is greeting me at the door.
~ While is use my laptop he sits right beside me...( That is right where he is while I am writing his. I can feel his breath from his nose on my feet)
~I notice when he lays on the floor on his belly he scoots himself forward every few minutes.
~ He has eye medication that he is not to thrilled about taking...but he sure loves the Cookie treat he gets after.
~When he knows he is going to get a treat he will stand on his hind legs!
~Turbo does not know this yet but he is going to Meet his new DR. tomorrow. He is running low on eye meds so we are going to Have him meet Willow and Belle's Dr. so we can get his eye medication and his eye checked. I think he may have a Cataract.
~As most of you already know Turbo is missing his left eye. and he has an Ulcerated right eye that looks so painful. we are going to do all we can to keep his eye as healthy as we can get it.

Well we have only had Turbo for 4 days now and I am sure I will learn more and More about him as days go by. He is just what we needed to complete our family.



These 3 act as if they have been together forever!





Willow and Belle have always jumped up on the back of the sofa......Old man Turbo is more content on having the sofa cushions all to himself. He has not showed any interest in joining the girls up on the back. He is pretty much happy where ever he is.....This seems to be his spot of Choice, He tends to pick this spot quite often through-out the day.......

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, he sounds like the perfect boy...a lot of what you said reminds me of my Baxterman. Mama boys are so sweet. And older pugs are so sweet, too, because they like to lay around more often. I wonder when he got his nuter operation? I have never seen Baxterman do the *wink-wink* on anybody!

Punchbugpug said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they "fit". Turbo sounds so much like Marty. I think rescue Pugs are sooooooo grateful. Hope he does okay at the vet!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Turbo is a great Pug! I'm so glad you all found each other. Good luck on the eye. Those ulcers can be painful. Maybe the Vet can give him some pain meds.

Leah said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That picture of the three of them is ADORABLE! I am so thankful you rescued him and he is fitting in nicely into your family. Can't wait to see more!

AM said...

So cute! I hope his one eye is able to be saved for a while longer at least. YOur house is two stories? I dont think I knew that.

Anonymous said...

What a great post, Lisa!
I can relate. LOL on the Old Man "taking advantage" of the gals and his teddy. let's just say... quite an amazing difference between girl pugs and boys, huh Lisa?? :) Coco will TRY to "hump" my leg with his "wife"--that old blue toy--but I don't let him. I put him off of my leg & distract him with a toy.
Turbo is SO cute and he looks SO happy jsut sitting there on the couch. That is where he is meant to be!! I did notice his favorite spot was that corner of the coauch..that is where he was laying for all his pics. He is just HAPPY to be in a warm loving home!! :-)

kristie said...

he looks liked he's lived there his whole life! i'm so amazed that he just settled right in. i'm so happy for you and your family!