Don't I Look tired? This was me last night pulling an all nighter playing Nurse......

Last night around midnight Willow became so sick. She was sick every half hour , to an hour all night long. Willow sleeps with us and she kept having to hop off the bed and get sick..Now that our Bedroom is downstairs each time one of us felt her hop off the bed we had to hurry up and pick her up and run upstairs and take her out on the back deck. She wasn't throwing up but she had the WORST case of Diarrhea I have ever seen. This went on all night long Brad and I took turns helping her...Then it got to be too much when she started to show a lot of Blood in her stool...and My God The Smell was like a fermented Fish market! It took a lot out of us helping her all night. around 4am she started trembling and vomiting. so I wrapped her up in Tori's Monkey robe to keep her calm and warm. I knew the vet didn't open up until 8am so I waited until 6am to call. I got the Emergency Vet and they called the Dr on call. She called me asked me a few questions and told me to bring Willow in at 8am with a stool sample....Ya right!? Don't they know it was pure water?..... Thinking to myself...Gosh poor girl that is a long time to wait after being so sick during the night. Brad left for work around 6-6:30 all the kids were still asleep and I needed to take a shower so I pulled her bed into he bathroom beside the shower so I could keep an eye on her. I kept peeking around the shower curtain and I could see her little body tremble. Finally it was time to head to the vet...
Her Diagnosis is............
Infected anal glands along with a GI virus, BLAHHHHHHH
Poor lil Punkin. The vet prescribed her an antibiotic and FortiFlora to sprinkle over Rice. They also told me to add Metamucil into her rice.
She is home and is resting well She rests well while I am out in the heat with Hot water and Bleach rinsig off the Back deck....
...She wont eat anything but she does take a drink of water now and then. She looks pitiful..her ears are pasted back and her eyes are droopy. She is not feeling that well...Right now her and her Daddy are sound asleep...I hope we all have a better nights sleep tonight........... So I am off to bed too..seeing how I am running on only 3 hours sleep. and to think I have to get up for a early Morning Dentist appointment in the morning....Blahhhh! Nighty Night! ~YaWn~

I would do anything for this face..........
11 comments:
Oh no, poor Willow! I hope she gets well soon and hope you get a good nights' sleep. Trust me, I know how you feel! These little pug kids cause so much worry at times, but you are right, they are so worth it. Get well soon, Willow!
aww! Poor Willow:( I hope the meds have kicked in and she is doing much better!
poor baby! i hope she gets better soon...please keep us updated. hope all of y'all can get some much needed rest after that long nite.
She looks so precious wrapped in that monkey blanket! So cute. That must have been scary. Once, when Alfred had something similiar (crazy runny diarrehea, they said he was dehydrated and had to inject two ballons of water under his chest skin. It looked like...boobs. Im glad Willow wasnt dehtdrated and is drinking good!
Get well soon sweetie pie Willow! So sorry to hear you have been so sick :(
Get well soon Willow!
Frankie had that similar problem when he was about 6 months old. I know what you mean about the smell. WOW! He too (like Alfred) had to have IV fluids for dehydration. It's sounds like Willow doesn't need that but watch to see if she's drinking enough fluids. We all want her well soon.
Get better sweet willow! She looks so sweet wrapped up in that blanket.
Oh no! Poor little darling! I'm glad she got some medicine and hopefully she will be feeling better soon.
What could cause something like that to happen so quickly? Scary! I hope you get some rest and give Willow kisses from all of us.
There must be a full moon or something, because Doc was sick this morning too. Diarrhea, vomiting, and other issues too. Yikes!
I hope things look up for you and your precious Willow soon. I will be thinking of you!
Oh poor baby! :( Thank Goodness the vet could tell you what was wrong.
What is a GI Virus? I hope it is nothing serious! She is such a little sweetie. i know what you mean...we would do anything for our fur babies!! Oh Lisa last night must have been scary for you. You deserve a great nights sleep now~!! I see this is a post form Monday so I hope she is doing better today. Give her my Love!!
Poor Willow :( We hope you're all better real soon.
~Pug Hugs~
Duke & Gidget
Post a Comment