Thursday, July 12, 2007

Vet Day for Turbo

Turbo had a appointment today. He is under the care of Willow and Belle's Dr. I think Turbo fell in Love with her. He was on his very best behavior and even gave her a few Kisses. He is such a flirt!
He had a thorough check up Great heart, Great lungs No lumps and Bumps he weighed in at 26.6lbs... He is as fit as a young pup! Her only concern is Turbos Eye. She did a few tests with him and she said it is a case of Severe Dry eye, with a severe case of Glaucoma.. She performed a test that showed that he barley has any vision. with no peripheral vision. He can only see faint shadows and movements. Also his eye is out of socket. She asked me what my concerns were....we talked over options and agreed to continue with his prescriptions on Optimmune and Natural tear ointments and agree to go see a Specialist in Animal Ophthalmology to get a specialist to see what they thought would be best for him.
The closest one is 2 hours away. so tomorrow I will be calling to make an appointment for Turbo. I will travel where ever I have to, to make sure he gets the best care and to make sure his eye can be saved.He is sooooo worth it! even though he can't see all that well, he can still find his way around the house ok. He sometimes bumps into a chair or wall but all and all he does very well. so if we can save his eye and he is not in pain we will do all we can to make him comfortable.
Old Man Turbo waiting for his Pretty Doctor.




Oh sweet Turbo.....We will do all we can to save your precious eye....even though you can't see well with it, it sure helps you get around in your new surroundings......If it gets to be too painfull or you are just not comfortable you let us know! and we will be sure to make it all better.....We love you big Guy! Mahwah! XOXOXOXO

10 comments:

Punchbugpug said...

Hang in there with the eye thing! The Pug that I found a home for last year, went blind shortly after he was adopted. Well, actually they said he was totally blind in one eye and could only see shadows in the other...so his new mama was very diligent with his meds and now his one eye is actually somewhat better! Give him a big ole' hug for us!!! Hmmm, is your vet 2 hours west or east from your house? West would make you two hours closer to us! Stop by!

Sandy said...

SEe, he is a lady's man! I hope they can save his eye. But I know of a pug that has no eyes and he does pretty good. I know you will do whatever is necessary to save his eye. My chichi is so pitiful now. She truly is so blind I'm not sure if there's anything left in her sight at all....maybe just shadows. I just hold her and talk to her into her ear! I think her hearing is starting to go, too. Why do they have to get old.

Anonymous said...

Turbo will be in my prayers! That is too bad to hear that he can't see too well out of his eye but Lisa, you are so right, although he can't see perfectly, I am sure it helps him lots! He is SO BLESSED to have a great Mommy(and daddy) like you guys because I know that you will do EVERYTHING in your power to save his vision.

Turbo..If you read this, I want you to know that you are in VERY good loving hands. Lisa is a great mommy to her pugs, and you certainly are her baby boy!

I will pray for his vision and hope the specialist can help.

;-)

Punchbugpug said...

rpm..I'm crying just thinking about you doing that for chichi!

Manda Girl said...

Big Kisses from Meimei and Miko!! He is very lucky to have found such a great forever home with so much love! There are two blind pugs in our group (one with both eyes removed) and he does so well and even plays with the other pugs sometimes. Pugs have such amazing spirits!

Wendy said...

He is so lucky to have found you all! What a good mannered puppy!!

Unknown said...

Turbo you are one lucky guy! I know you are going to get the best care that you could possibly get.

I can really relate to Turbo's situation. We are in the same boat with Luna. We are doing everything we can to try and save the little vision that she has left. At times it can be hard, but we just got word that from the eye doc that right now Luna's eyes look the best that she has ever seen them. Luna mainly sees shadows too and only really bumps into things and gets timid at night. But, it is very sweet because at night she will stick very close to either Benjamin or Henry's hip and let them guide her around. That way she doesn't miss out on any of the action. With a great family and two great pug sisters I know Turbo is going to be a very happy pug!

kristie said...

hey, i have severe dry eye too! turbo and i have something in common. he is so lucky to have found a mom who will do whatever it takes to get his eye better and keep him comfortable. he does look younger than his age.

Priscilla said...

We are all praying for you handsome little man! Keep us informed.

lalagirl said...

Turbo is so worth it! He sure knows how to charm the ladies. Our prayers are with him. We hope that his one eye will saved and the pain & agony will go away so he can focus on having his ways with the ladies and enjoying the rest of his Puggy days. Good luck Turbo and have a safe trip to your specialist!