Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Good thinking!

When you live here in New Hampshire and you have to go up on the roof to shovel the snow off but there is 6 inches of ice under the snow? you go and have your Wife go out and buy you some Nice rugged boots...................


Then when you are at work you get a brainy idea to screw screws in them to stud them for traction!
Sometimes I really wonder about my husband? But this I must say...it is a great idea especially way up on the top of the roof on ice....I just made it loud and clear...he is to remove all the studs ( screws) before he goes out in public with me...it sounds like he has tap dance shoes on when he walks.....he manages to shovel off his Fathers and step Mothers house roof. They are in California for a couple of weeks and had 3 feet of snow on their roof....and now with the ice storm:? Brad was not comfortable having that much snow on their house....a lot of homes and buisness have collapsed from all the weight of the heavy wet snow...we have a few cracks on the walls and our sliding glass door is loose and does not open that great.

well today we had to bring Brads Grandparents to the Airport to see them off.....it rained the whole way...Yeah it will help melt all this snow! but it is going to be really bad tonight, Sleet and Freezing rain. we are in a ice storm warning until tomorrow afternoon....I think I may have Brad stud my Uggs!

7 comments:

kristie said...

he's super smart! i wouldn't want to be up on the roof without those boots. here's to hoping it will ALL be melted by the time you return from vacation.

Wendy said...

Hee! Good idea:) Michael has something like that but his work provides them. They slip right over the bottom of his boots. Michael was out on or roof Monday night before this rain got here. I can't even watch because it makes me so dang nervous:(

Nevis said...

Wowwy! Sounds like a good idea...but I hope he wasn't using those shoes still for like...going to the movies or something.

Magnolia Sun said...

When we lived up their Sandy sent something that went right over my shoe, it had metal coils on it which created traction. I like my flippies better.

Pam said...

3 ft. of snow on the roof!! Holy cow!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Ok.. I'm giggling about the boots.. because.. honestly.. I can't blame him.. and I probably would have done the same.. LOL LOL LOL..
This weather is driving me totally insane.. I think I'm going to get sun lamps pretty soon if God won't provide.. You have seen how white I am.. I'm getting so desperate I'm thinking just a couple visits in a tanning booth would spice up my spirits.. UGH!!!
Wade shoveled off our roof.. and then I heard him SCREAM my name.. I ran.. thinking 'OH NO' only to realize our dog jumped out the window and on the roof with him... She LOVED it.. however we didn't!! LOL LOL LOL!!

Sandy said...

What a great idea...that must be scary to think the roof could cave because of the snow buildup. Do you think you all could retire down here one day? Leave all that hard winter work up there and run from hurricanes down here.