Sunday, October 07, 2007

Bee VS Belle...then nurse Whitney comes along...

Poor Belle got stung by a Bee. We had no idea until Brad noticed how swollen the left side of her mouth. once we noticed we noticed a "splinter" type thing sticking out that was hard. I held her as Brad pulled it out and he said. She got stung! This is the stinger. Her lip was as hard as a rock. I called the vet ( the 2nd time this week for Belle OMG ) I got the answering service since it was after hours and they paged the Vet that was on Call. After 45 minutes gone by with no return call from the Dr I decided to give Belle 1/2 of a 25mg Benadryl tablet. I called the vet again and the answering service answered again and I asked if she sent the page tot he Dr. she said yes I did 50 minutes ago, Let me page again just incase it didn't go through....well I never got the call? Good thing she was not seizing or having breathing issues. I was nervous since it was so swollen around her snout. Now that the benadryl is kicking in and the stinger is removed the swelling has gone down alot. I noticed a dead bee in my kitchen and I looked and the stinger is missing. I wonder if it was the same bee that stung her? Belle must of saw the bee in the house and played with it and it stung her? Good Grief who knows...Belle is always into something she shouldn't be..
I am so Happy that she is doing okay. I cant imagine having to bring her into the Emergency vet twice in one week...My credit card is starting to have burn holes in it from it being used so much at the vet lately! I think it is time to look into that Pet Insurance I have been talking about for the past 2 years!

Look at her Puffy lip! she is lop~sided!

Whitney brought her into bed with her tonight and placed a cool pack from the freezer on Belle's face to help the swelling...Gosh Kids are so cute!

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, poor lil belle! She is having a rough fall season so far. I'm glad you didn't have to use the ER vet for that but it is so scary when you think they might not be able to breathe.

Wendy said...

poor baby!! Glad she is okay:)

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh sweet Belle! I hope you are feeling better today! You're still a cutie pie with a little swollen face though!

Michelle said...

OMG! The same thing happened to Maggie last week. Her face swelled up so fast -- it was very scary. Maggie's started to go down within 15 minutes or so and she was back to normal the next day.

Priscilla said...

Awwwwe! I know it's not funny but it is awful cute. Poor dear. I hope Belle returns to normal soon.

I love the fall pictures of your area. Beautiful!

Jamie said...

Oh boy. Madame Belle certainly is having a rough start to fall. Also, please consider pet insurance - especially given that pugs are prone to health conditions and allergies.

I have pet insurance through VPI, and they are wonderful to work with! I have a very basic plan, and usually see at least half of my spend come back to me in the form of a claim reimbursement. My deductible is only $50. I highly recommend it - especially if my lil' Doc were to require back surgery (like many dachshunds do).

Anonymous said...

Awwww, poor Belle. I'm glad it wasn't any worse!

Leah said...

Poor baby! Hope she is feeling better! Hugs and kisses.

Page said...

This is NOT Belle's week! Poor girl! I hope she feels better soon!

kristie said...

wow, that's scary! glad the swelling is going down and she is getting back to normal.

Erin Ward said...

Oh no! I think I would have cried and done a lot of freaking out. Poor thing.