After my dentist appointment I did my weekly grocery shopping I was hoping not to see anyone I knew becasue I hate talking with a numb mouth...It feels so odd having one side of my face paralyzed. During my grocery trip I noticed this ice cream....My kids and Husband Love ice cream so I though they would like this.........
For dinner we had soup and grilled Turkey sandwiches...I came across this Pumpkin/Squash recipe and I made it this afternoon . To add a little fun to it I carved out 2 pumpkins and rinsed them out with hot water and once the soup was ready to serve I poured the soup in the Pumpkins...I knew one of my friends was stopping by after she got out of work so I made one for her to take home. She got a kick out of the Pumpkin as a serving bowl/ If I had more time I would of carved out the Mini Pumpkin gourds as a soup dish to eat out of...bit I ran out of time.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Cream Of Squash Soup Recipe By :
The Southern Living Cookbook,
1 small onion -- minced
1 clove garlic -- minced
3 tablespoons butter or margarine -- melted
1 1/2 pounds yellow squash -- thinly sliced
10 3/4 ounces canned chicken broth -- undiluted
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
chopped fresh parsley Sauté onion and garlic in butter in a Dutch oven. Stir in squash, chicken broth, and water; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Spoon mixture into container of an electric blender, and process until smooth. Return squash mixture to Dutch oven; stir in half-and-half and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until well heated. Serve hot or chilled. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 5 cups.
*I didn't add the 2/3 of water...I added 2/3 of chicken broth instead.
Tori carving her pumpkin while I prepared the soup... soon after this picture I had pull 5 pumpkin seeds out of Belle's mouth..


13 comments:
I'm in the process of getting another crown too, I have a temp one on too. What a cute idea with the soup in the pumpkin - you are being so crafty!!
wow, Lisa! You were a busy little lady yesterday:) Michael is excited about the pumpkin ice cream! Me, not so much...I am not a big fan of pumkin flavoring. I also wish I did not like ice cream at all ;)
I hope that your tooth is still feeling okay!
I absolutely hate going to the dentist. I had some really bad experiences as a child and every time I even go for my regular cleaning I feel like I'm a kid again. I grip the chair arms tightly and my whole body tenses up. It's bad. I had to have a crown a few years ago and I nearly passed out. lol!
That ice cream sounds yummy! I'll have to keep and eye out for it.
Yuck...crowns and root canals are no fun. That soup looks wonderful and the pumpkin bowls are so fun! Maybe your taste buds are changing for the better for ice cream. Looks like Tori and the pugs had a nice time out on the deck with the pumpkins.
I'm sorry to hear your crown experience isn't that good. Too bad we aren't local to one another - I have a great dentist (and I gag, too!). I got a crown a few months ago and it was so easy - much easier than the one I had several years ago. They've made a lot of advancements in the impression department, where they use very little material and it sets up quickly. Well, anyway, I can't believe you all are into your pumpkins so soon! Out here in So. Cal., we have very few to pick from at this time. Hopefully, there will be more soon. Have you seen the book - Extreme Pumpkins? Very cute carving ideas!
hey just a heads up -- you can make pumpkin ice cream any time of year and it is so easy! this is all you do:
take your favorite brand of vanilla ice cream, let it soften a bit at room temp, and add in the canned pumpkin puree from the grocery store that you normally use for pies. It tastes so good! It hits the spot when you are in the mood for it cause most of the year its not available to buy in the store. :)
I HATED my root canal...ugh. The crown part wasn't too bad. The ice cream looks yummy. I have to try that soup, I made Pumplin Soupl last year and it was pretty bad...lol. I do like using the pumpkins as serving bowls. They are fun to used for dips and stuff too.
9 days...wink wink
Ohhh now I'm dying to know who your dentist is.. I've had TWO crowns put on... on my front teeth.. so I know I what you mean about the SMELL and the "gag".. bluck!!!!
and I actually am not a fan of ice-cream either.. I cruise right by the frozen section because of this.. LOL LOL LOL.. however I do love pumpkin.. mmmmm.....
Now you have to get a big ole pumpkin and cook a stew in it.. YUMMMMMM everytime you scrap for the stew you get some of the pumpkin flesh too.. it's actually YUMMY!!!!!!!!
Belle and Tori are adorable!!! LOL LOL
Lisa, you are so clever. The pumpkin serving bowl is awesome!
As for ice cream, I can usually take it or leave it (except Cold Stone ice cream) but I do love pumpkin ice cream. Now I want some!
I love pumpkin ice cream! Trader Joes has this awesome, thick spicy kind that only comes out once a year. Thrifty's is pretty good too.
It is a little strange. I don't think I've ever met anyone that didn't like ice cream. It's a mouth feel and that I understand.
OK I read in the paper today that the pumpkin is the state fruit (who knew) of New Hampshire! I totally thought of you guys!
Getting a crown is the worst. I had one done (badly, by the way) back in May and I wasn't prepared, either. It took, like, 2 hours or maybe more just to prep it! And when they showed me a video of what they would do, I started to cry a little when I saw that they were going to have to grind down my tooth to nothing! :(
The darn crown didn't even fit once it came in, so he kept filing it down, but it still didn't fit, so he actually ground down the opposing tooth on the bottom. Well, I guess I should have had a root canal because even now it still hurts all the time. I need to go back in, I'm just dreading it!
How was the soup? What a fun way to serve it!
Post a Comment