Saturday, October 13, 2007

Old Man Turbo

Not to sure what Turbo found interesting this afternoon out on our back deck, But he sat out there for the longest time just sniffing the fall air and enjoying the sun since it has done nothing but rain the past 4 days. I think his sight is getting worse. He keeps bumping into things. Today he walked into the vacuum that was in the middle of the floor that he is not used to being there. He also misjudges when to jump up onto the sofa and hits his belly and falls to the floor. When he goes out to go pee he often walks into the fence thinking it is where the steps are to go back into the house.
This time of year we have a lot of Canadian Geese out over the hill in the Water Reservoir and you can hear them. Today there must of a huge flock of them you could hear them all squawking and the Echo through the woods. I think Turbo was drawn to the sound of the Geese. soon after the all flew over our home Turbo made his way back inside for a nap. So I wonder if it was the geese that kept Turbo out on the deck so long today. Since he can't see that well he finds comfort in hearing things.....
I love his dark strip down his back....

He is such a Sweet Boy......


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a sweet boy & is so blessed to have such a wonderful family to take care of him in his "old man" years =) I sent you those geese, LoL, just to think of good ol' canada, hee hee, just kiddin'=) they can be dirty birds though.....& make so much noise! seems like they kept turbo company though =)

Priscilla said...

He is such a sweet boy. You are a lucky pug momma to have three beautiful puggys and two stunning daughters.

Sandy said...

Oh, he is so sweet. I think it does make a difference to be able to hear the things that they can't see. I bet he's just enjoying the cool air, too.

Punchbugpug said...

Maybe when it is very sunny he can "see" better. Those rescue boys are so sweet. He's lucky you invited him in to your family!

Did you close camp?

Magnolia Sun said...

No wonder he was still outside it is a beautiful view.

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Great pics of Turbo! What a beautiful view you have off your back deck!

Christine & Giggs said...

Awesome pictures! I love OM Turbo! He's such a gentle soul.

Merz said...

Hey! I finally got a Webkinz this Spetember. A pug. And I just got a Yorkie Webkinz this month. I read on your blog that your daughter plays Webkinz. What's her username? I can friend her on Webkinz. :]

-kbean

Leah said...

Awww, hearing about his eyesight makes me sad, but I am so happy for him that he was rescued by you guys. I know you will give him much love for the rest of his days. What a handsome guy!

FlipFlop Mom said...

AWESOME AWESOME Pictures!!!!!!!! He is so adorable.. and I LOVE LOVE your view... so jealous here... !! sighhhhhhhh

And GIRL!!!! I just read your occupation... Cosmotologist... Do you work here in town????? Mine moved to Keene about a year ago.. and I've been slacking on my hair... I need a NEW COSMO!!!!! No wait.. I NEED a magician!!!!

Michele said...

Turbo looks so peaceful just day dreaming on the deck. I'd like to pull up a lounger and join him. I don't thing I'd mind the geese noise, either after all, I'm am Canadian, Eh.

Greg said...

Man what a cute dog!! I have never had much interaction with pugs, but they look like great dogs!

I can't believe the amount of geese by your house! I am a goose hunter and it sounds like we would have a field day out in your part of the county.

I am sure that Turbo could smell them and was looking at where all the noise was coming from.

Erin Ward said...

Turbo is just the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Poor guy.
I also love that his tail just lays limp on the ground. Does his tale curl? My Max's tail got broken right after he was born so it's short and it doesn't curl. I kind of like it better that way. :)