Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Chili anyone?

It has been pretty cold here the past month, In-fact the Weather man said we have had 30 days of below freezing weather....it hurts to go out, it stings your skin and it hurts to breath. My Husband asked if I could make Chili for Dinner.....He said it is one of his favorite Winter Dinners... I guess you need Chili to warm you up this time of year....so his wish was granted last night...I made Chili in the croc-pot so it cooked all day long.....

I like to make a bed of white rice on the bottom of the bowl...........

and top it with Hot Chili.............




We have plenty of Leftovers....anyone want some Good 'Ol New England Chili?

5 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

It looks good, my husband has been making his chili about once week this past month.

Sandy said...

Oh, yea, that looks so good. The husband here will not eat beans so I have a recipe that uses no beans but we got burned out on it. I think I got my crock pot in 1982 and I'm still using it!!!

Adventures of Bismarck said...

Bismarck's Mom: That looks really good, I have never thought about putting rice with chili, we normally put noodles (spaghetti) in our chili in Kentucky. I'll have to try that next time.

Punchbugpug said...

I have never thought of using rice - that looks yummy!

Michele said...

That looks great. We had chili last night also. My daugher made it after school (it got a little overcooked so we called it MSN Chili, but it still tasted great). I served it with my homemade garlic & cheese biscuits. I never thought of rice. I'll have to give that a try.