Thursday, October 18, 2007

Who Wudda Thunk?

Who Wudda thunk I was allergic to bees? My hand is so swollen..it is like this all the way up to my elbow.

Off to the DR. Couldn't find a parking space from all the construction...witch made me late for my app.A nice little gift from the Doctor....





So here I am trying to get my house in order before I head out for the weekend I get Stung buy a Yellow Jacket in my laundry room. At first it was just like a mosquito bite that swelled up to be about the size of a quarter...then it swelled up a good 5 inches...My husband was trying to convince me to go to the ER ( not with a $200.00 Co-pay thank you) so I sucked it up throughout the night with Tylenol,Benedryl and cortisone.....during the middle of the night it took over my whole left arm and hand. My Pinkie was completely numb. with severe nausea... SO I called the Dr and they had me come for them to check it. It is like I have a water balloon under my skin and it HURTS so bad. I told them that I was flying out early in the morning for the weekend. The Dr said I should be fine just watch for redness and a fever. If it is still swollen my Monday he wants me to come back to be checked for cellulitis. .... So hopefully it will go away....so this put a damper on my day and put me wayyyy behind in my packing. I have not even packed yet and i am leaving in 11 hours! Yep I am leaving the house at 3am! what a long drive it is going to be to the airport at the time of the Morning! DUNKIN DONUTS Here I come! I will be getting up at 2am to start my day tomorrow...Crazy I know but it is for a good cause! I am going to be spending my

weekend with a handful of special ladies..... until then Too~Da~Loo! be sure to check back in sometime on Monday to see what special Ladies I will be spending my weekend with!

Until then....... I am.......



O F F t O N O R_McElman_070709_0156 T H/H&C Coffee C A R O Subaru Legacy 1.8 GL Edition 1991 Boxer 4WD I is for Willesden N a Exclamation mark

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your trip and I hope your hand feels better!

Wendy said...

Holy crap!! Your poor hand!! I so would have done the same thing to save us from that copay! Hope that it feels better for the flight out! Enjoy...and have a safe flight!

FlipFlop Mom said...

OH MY goodness... I hope this goes back down.. and you have a FANTABULOUS trip!!!!!!! I do NOT like our ER dept at all.. I'm so glad that we have Docs around here that will come and see ya!! I love that!!!!

Punchbugpug said...

Stinkin' bees! We will have to keep an eye on you this weekend! See you soon!!!!

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness...that looks so painful. that cellucitis stuff is so dangerous so we'll be making sure you don't have red streaks showing up on your arm. Bring some colder weather with you!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh no! Bee allergies are no fun! So sorry to hear about your incident. I haven't packed either - LOL!

Priscilla said...

Oh what a drag!

You'll have a great time regardless.

I hope you'all have a great time. Take lots and lots of pictures.

Page said...

So sorry about your arm and hand! I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip...can't wait to hear all about it!

Greg said...

Man I hate bee stings. Sorry to see your hand in such discomfort.

I hope you trip is loads of fun!! My uncle used to live in Raleigh and we would visit him twice a year. It was so much fun!!

Michele said...

Wow, that is serious stuff. I hope the swelling goes down and heals up quickly. Have a great weekend, what am I saying? Of course you will have a good time!

Michelle said...

Yikes! Glad you are ok.