Well...there is no turning back~ yep Here it is all finished after 3 LONG days of sanding and painting and staining....Remind me not to do this again for a long time...I need to get back into my house keeping...Boy my house is TRASHED. I totally neglected my house while I was painting my cabniets....but now it is all done and now I am back into the swing of house keeping and folding laundry..Blah...painting was way more fun!
Before............
Tori needed a color change too!After............
Well that's it! I am glad I did it. It goes better with my style of the Rustic Country theme I have going on....
I have done this type of painting for a long time. I used to work for a woman and I did her entire home over. She likes the Distressed look and I did everything from Furniture, her cabniets, floors and ever her window shutters.. It took me a good year to complete her home. I had a portfolio on all my work but it got ruined in a flood we had last year.... I enjoy this type of work. I do a lot of this for my friends too...I guess folks I have a hidden talent I have never shared with you..Back when I needed a new sofa table I couldn't find one I wanted...so I went to Target and bought a new one and brought it home lugged it in the garage and beat the Cr*p out of it with a hammer and a few other heavy tools Brad had laying around and I painted it and applied a crackle paint to it and made it look old... So many of my friends get a kick out of me buying something new and then destroy it to make it looks old....I am so glad my Husband understands me..... Just call me crazy...Wes-n-Lani and Flip Flop Mom...just let me know when and I will be there! Just keep your husbands away!

21 comments:
It looks wonderful...you do great work. I can see you making a business of doing that! I am just in awe of your talent. I have the distressed white furniture in my dining room and bedroom. I like that look....and if it get messed up, I'm not as upset as if it were a perfect piece. Now, you need to take a break...I'm sure that was a workout.
Looks great!
It looks fabulous!! You have quite the hidden talent! I can't wait to see it in person:) My cabinets would love that, but they are sooooo ugly and not even real wood! LOL! The bachelor who built this house had some BAD taste and we just haven't had the money for a renovation!!
I wish I could paint my cabinets! The cabinets would be fine, I just worry about my beautiful bench..gah... any ideas??? Maybe you can come and stay with me and do it for me!
Boy, what a lot of work but it really looks good, you are very talented!
I am SUPER impressed with you Lisa. You did an amazing job and all in only 3 days!!!! That's probably the most amazing part. It looks great. Thanks for sharing your secret talent with us. This could definetly be a little business for you!
WoW! You did an awesome job!
Wow - that is so awesome! I still can't believe you did it ALL so quickly.
Looks fantastic!! Great job! Love the dark with the stainless steel, very chic :)
Wow, the black cabinets look awesome! We love them! We know it is hard work to do cabinets. I painted mine red about 10 years ago. I posted some pictures of my red cabinets today so stop by when you get a chance.
Four Pugz and mom, Catherine
you did such a great job - i love it! it looks just right now. you should do this for a living.
The cabinets look great! It goes really well with your stainless steel appliances. I can't believe you did all that in three days...I need some of your energy!!
that looks amazing! I love the new cabinet color with the color of your walls. it goes together perfectly!
WOW! That looks amazing! You are sure are talented Lisa:)
Cheers!
Pyrite's peep
oh my it's so beautiful I feel my eyes watering up. You need to try out for HGTV'S Design Star.
That looks fantastic! Great job.
It looks fantastic!! I couldn't see your vision until you finished it. You do have a knack for distressing... your kitchen looks professionally done!!! Well done L.
*Sigh* So envious . . .
Your kitchen and table look FANTASTIC!!! You should totally come up with a business name, get you some cards, and pass em out. People would be lining up! Esp if you lived down here... hint hint! :)
So ummm.. how's TOMORROW looking.. BWAHHH!!! Seriously...Seriously.. you come and do this.. I am there helping you like no tomorrow.. I'm not a sit around slacker.. that's for sure!!! Oh pssttt.. I could have MADE you that snowman curtain.. *Ü* But I HAVE to say it's absolutely ADORABLE!! and you know what would go GREAT in that window.. a snowman BOTTLE!!! LOL LOL LOL
My hubby is the sweetest biggest teddy bear.. he wouldn't care one bit what we do with the house.. he has faith.. cause like you.. I enjoy smashing things and making them old...
OH.. and I have to show you something I just found on a website.. can't remember WHERE of course... but it gives new life to chairs but VERY country*ish*.. your's are gorgeous re-done.. but I KNOW you'll still love this idea!!!
Oh I love them!!! What color are your walls? It looks like a light cranberry in the pics...love it! It's beautiful and looks great with the dark cabinets. Awesome job!
Post a Comment