OK...every year at this time I get into the "NEED A CHANGE MOOD" I have been wanting a new table for awhile now but it is not in our budget...sooo when the Pocket is tight.....
You buy Paint!
You buy Paint!
Most of you know I really am BIG into the Vintage Country look... I have been liking the Blacks with a Distressed look to it so I went to Home Depot..bought
*Black Paint
*Cranberry Color Stain
*Sandpaper
*Paint rollers and brushes
* gloves
so I ran home...Lugged my table out on the back deck and used my electric sander my Husband bought me last Christmas and sanded away at the table..............
Before.....
This....
Me putting the finishing touches on the chairs..........
see what a little sand paper can do...make a new chair look old and worn....I did all the chairs like this and distressed the table around the edges too......
Finished...........
The Pugs approve too!
But Wait! That's not it!
Before I show you what else I am working on...I have to tell you I have the Best husband in the world for allowing me to do this to a Brand New Home ( if you call 2 years old new) I asked before I did ( after I gave it a lot of thought) He said Sure...I don't care I have faith in you..you will probably make it look more like you and if you are up for it...sure!
Okay are you ready for this........
He let me...
Paint........
Our....
Kitchen cabinets! Can you even believe it! OMG

23 comments:
Wow, Lisa, you are brave but it looks soooo good! Jason would probably freak if I asked to paint the cabinets!
Nice job! I don't know why everyone is so much more crafty than Mommy . . . she would just go pay someone to paint her cabinets.
oh my love it!! Our bedroom furniture is black distressed. I'm going to have to digging for something to distress on my own now. Do you put a sealer on it or does the stain take care of that for you?
WOW it looks fabulous! Both the dining set and the cabinets. They look like you went out and bought them that way.
Did you practice on something first or have you done this before?
on my word!! You are my idol!! They look sooo dang good!! I WANT your table and cabinets!!!
WoW! Great job! They look fantastic!
Very nice! I would have been way too paranoid to tackle the cabinets. They look fabulous!
Oh my goodness, I would have been scared to do the kitchen cabinets - very nice job. Also the table and chairs look great.
wow they look great!! i think i'd be afraid to try it. i'd totally screw it up.
Holy hannah Lisa, it all looks awesome! I so can't wait to own my own home again so I can have fun!
your cabinets look great! i like what you did to them, they seem to really go with your decor now. good for you for doing this! i
Oh that looks great. I love what you did to the table and what a totally different look the cabinets give your kitchen. Really nice.
I'm trying to get brave enough to refinish an old china cabinet.
It looks GREAT. ANd yes, you do have an amazing husband to let you do that! :) Great job!
Wow! I have been wanting to do my kitchen cabinets a country red, but have been nervous. Seems like we just put the kitchen in and now it is 20 years old! Maybe I'll go for it!
Oh my....it is GORGEOUS! And you got so much done in so little time!
Oh I so love it! I may do that to my old house. The cabs are in horrible shape, finish wise, so this would be a great look.
Amazing!
OMG OMG OMG OMG... you are brave!!!
Especially since you didn't know it would turn out looking great. I'd be too chicken... besides, if it turned out crappy I'd have to clean it/fix it/ buy it/install new ones.
LUV LUV LUV the new look!!! Kudos to you L.
ooohhhh, LOVE IT! My husband would have KILLED me if he saw I painted the cabinets since we live in a new house as well! But, not only do you have a great husband but a real talent for decorating!
The kitchen cabinets and dining set our beautiful. We love the black. Great job!
xoxoFour Pugz
Both the table and the kitchen cabinets look amazing! I love that dark and distressed look - wow, great job!!!
Oh my goodness you are doing such a great job on the table and the cabinets...I can see you going into business doing this kind of thing! I would never attempt that. Really, it all looks SO GOOD. That rug looks so good in your house, too. I'm just amazed at how good it all looks!
I would love to redo our cabinets but my husband would freak out. I would like to do a darker stain but our floor is dark and we do not have a window in our kitchen I am afraid it would be too dark. But your cabinets and table look awesome. great job!
Ok.. so you know NOW!! That you have to bring your fanny over to MY HOME that is only MINUTES from yours and you HAVE to do this to my kitchen cabinets...!! MINE are OLD.. OLD I tell you.. and they NEED life... I beg.. I PLEAD... YOU MUST.. YOU MUST... Ok??Ok?? LOL LOL..
I LOVE IT!!
And the dining room set LOVE IT too... but my table is a truly OLD farm table that is LONG... and it wouldn't look good that way....
ahhhhhhhhh... I WANT new cabinets... and then if I did that.. NEW counter tops.... !!! Can you feel the excitement here..!!!! YOU MUST TELL ME HOW!!!
Post a Comment